aaa bassstation analog or what?? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: bassstation analog or what??

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             02-Sep-98  @  01:56 AM   -   bassstation analog or what??

xoxos

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

the understanding is that novation make analog sound modeling modules, but my bassstation keyboard's manual says that it's analog.
so, what's the low down? digital, or analog?

thanks,
xoxos.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             04-Sep-98  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: bassstation analog or what??

Phill

Link?:  No link

Digitally controlled analogue like a Jupiter.

Message 3/10             03-Aug-01  @  11:45 AM   -   RE: bassstation analog or what??

Sayer

Link?: Link

Ah-hah! So the BassStation is a real analog! I have heard this debate for years now and desided to search the archives.

Sayer

Message 4/10             03-Aug-01  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: bassstation analog or what??

influx

haha!

Message 5/10             10-Aug-01  @  10:24 AM   -   RE: bassstation analog or what??

Bastiaan

Hmm so buying a bassstation would not be buying something redundant since I have the Nova...I allways thought all nova stuff (including the drumstation) used ASM modeling...

I've been looking into a Bassstation as a lil' mni controller / bass module for my lappy...I just love the look of it and the sound demos sound pretty good to my ears..

Message 6/10             10-Aug-01  @  09:41 PM   -   RE: bassstation analog or what??

r

I remember some posts by k where he said it was NOT an analog machine.

Having owned 3 of these babies, I couldn't believe it. I asked for his reasoning, as all of the Novation info states it is analog, and not ASM.

Finally, he (k) said something about the VCO.
Well, it doesnt have one, it has DCO's.
I guess by the strictest definition of 'analog', it is not. If it was true analog, it would have voltage controlled oscillators, not digitally controlled oscillators.

It is 'more' analog than the Nova, if that can be said.

In any case it is a nice little controller, which is what I use when I am not in the studio. I use it with my laptop, and my Nova. Its perfect for that, and it can be used to control some softsynths as well. Pressure and velocity sensitive and KNOBS,
some of which transmit midi. Battery operated, too!

And it has its own unique sound, different from the Nova, so its not redunant,IMO.

Get one if you can, you'll have fun with it!
You can find one for about $250 USD

r

Message 7/10             11-Aug-01  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: bassstation analog or what??

k

no way redundant - the perfect garage or whatever bassline box, and a spot on cheap controller keyboard for REASON for example. woudln't sell mine!  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/10             02-Sep-01  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: bassstation analog or what??

paco

Basstation rules! I have the keyboard version which you can hang around your neck, looks pretty 80`s like on stage. The deep subbass sound is unique and incredibly analog, ...simply the perfect recipe 4 club tracks! Respect to this Synth!

Message 9/10             03-Sep-01  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: bassstation analog or what??

Lee

Link?:  No link

So, do people rate the sound of the bass station better than that of the super bass station?

Message 10/10             05-Sep-01  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: bassstation analog or what??

k

dunno bout that, but they should re-release the basstation keyboard I reckon just as it was. cheap , like mebbe £249 quid.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)