aaa Sold my an1x and prophecy - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Sold my an1x and prophecy

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             03-Sep-98  @  12:40 PM   -   Sold my an1x and prophecy

Kewa

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Sorry only sold my prophecy and bought
the nova, Oooooh I love this machine.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             03-Sep-98  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

brian

Cool!
What do you love about it???

Message 3/17             04-Sep-98  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

kilo

it is so fast and versatile.... for me that is why i like it......childs play to use... hardly needed a glimpse at the manual ever......

Message 4/17             04-Sep-98  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

jessa28

Yeah, and EVEN if there are some cheezy sounds on it,because it is, you just tweak and turn and it kick and
scream like a gooze on stiltz!
Wow!
I mean ,the Supernova is so great,absolutely president. You may just start the arp. set a tempo latch the thing(even a one-key-hold will do) and start syncin oscillators to filters and bananas to width and what not, come what may: IT SOUNDS INTERESTING. I sit on a Supernova and an Emu- E 6400 sampler. And I having the time of my life.
Great with this help forum by the way.
Let`s make a love-site for the nova,a bit on the darker side,with dangerous parameters and and fluffy programming
Cheerzh
Jens

Message 5/17             06-Sep-98  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

kilo

well, we are working on a library for sounds.... oh yes!!.... i've got some killer drum sounds already lined up

Message 6/17             07-Sep-98  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

Kas

I use the supernova as a lightball because my bureau lamp broke the other day. And indeed I was glad to see that you haven't sold the an1x.....

Message 7/17             09-Sep-98  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

kewa

Luv the an1x as much as my supernova and drumstation and rest, but they beat the prophecy any day

Message 8/17             09-Sep-98  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

Phill

Do you not find the models in the Prophecy or Z1 or for that matter the VL series useful?

I personally don't, they require to much technique.

Whats your thoughts?

Phill@Novation

Message 9/17             10-Sep-98  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

gmbl

I like the Z1....some weird things happen when you keep yourselves busy with for just 10 seconds. But indeed knowledge of technique is required.

Message 10/17             10-Sep-98  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

Kewa

I'm sure that someone who has worked with sound synthesis for 20 years will love the prophecy. The sounds are good but not usefull for the tekno/trance that i make. The growler 303 patch in the prophecy will never beat the 303 patches in the nova.

Programming the prophecy is a pain. Just like i said the thousands of settings for just one patch is nice for someone who has been working
with sound synthesis from the beginning

cheers.

Message 11/17             10-Sep-98  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

Phill

Interesting to see you comment on the Prophecy Growler 303 program, Thats mine, I was involved in voicing the Prophecy.

I agree, when it comes to analogue I dont think you can beat a Supernova. All the others to me sound thin and weak. If you guys have any pref for a sound, I am at present rewiting the sounds for Version 3.

.ie. Factory Virus programm XX is really cool, or Factory Nord program XX or
Factory XX I don't care... I will deliver the sounds you guy's want.

Message 12/17             11-Sep-98  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

Kewa

I could do without the organs and would like to see
some distorted porta-stack sounds.

I liked the moog basses in the prophecy.

And a kind of GOA-bass with a tick in the beginning.

Steve.

Message 13/17             14-Sep-98  @  10:09 AM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

kilo

dont loose the organs for gods sake....

Message 14/17             16-Sep-98  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

Phill

Yep it different courses for differenet horses... heh, heh!

The Organs and the EPs are actually usefull for certain Garage and House styles, as a matter of fact I intend to add some more of these, but please keep it going. I intend to add quite a few simpler, Arped sounds and hopefully some big evolving pads. I will keep you informed...but please keep it going I have about 3 weeks to finish some stuff off.

Phill@Novation

Message 15/17             16-Sep-98  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

Phill

The Organs and the EPs are actually usefull for certain Garage and House styles, as a matter of fact I intend to add some more of these, but please keep it going. I intend to add quite a few simpler, Arped sounds and hopefully some big evolving pads. I will keep you informed...but please keep it going I have about 3 weeks to finish some stuff off.

Phill@Novation

Message 16/17             16-Sep-98  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

Phill

Phill@Novation

Message 17/17             19-Sep-98  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: Sold my an1x and prophecy

Donny

Je bent gewoon een lul dat
je die Prophecy hebt verkocht omdat je gewoon te
beroerd was om ermee te leren werken !!!!!!!!!!!
Maar wanneer gaan we weer BOPPEN Homootje ??????

Fijne werkdag

Toi Toi
OO refoeior
TSjauw
tot sinas

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)