aaa Help Supernova Info? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Help Supernova Info?

Viewing all 28 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/28             04-Sep-98  @  06:16 AM   -   Help Supernova Info?

hihowareya

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I cant call long distance. My phone service does not have one so I need to ask here. What is the going rate for the Supernova in the United States. The last I heard is that the Supernova is around $2400-$3000 but in what curency? I hope that isnt the price for the American Supernova's. I want one and I dont get that much money. Since your other products were good I hear and cheap $400-$700 price range hear in the US I hope the Supernova is at a good competitive price as well. BTW Can you put more Real Audio demo's of the Supernova up please. I like that Trancy track. Was that done using only the Supernova? If then than that is somthing.

I live in California and I was wondering who and were I can go to see the Supernova here? Thanks and later

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/28             04-Sep-98  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

kilo

check out the distributors list.... it's here at the novation site... the distributor will tell you the location of dealers

Message 3/28             04-Sep-98  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Phill

US RETAIL

$ 2499 for 16 voice
$ 3299 for 32 voice
$ 899 for expansion board.

Message 4/28             05-Sep-98  @  09:10 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

That is what I was afraid of. Welp let see I think in 4 to 5 years I could have enough dough for it. But then by that time somthing else that would most likely be bigger will be out then. Oh well I can only wish and dream. later

Message 5/28             15-Sep-98  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Just one of many poor fella's out there

Man this sucks. Every one wants to put out somthing with a big ass price tag. And you know what it stinks. No one cares about us Poor fellows anymore. Every ones gotta have big money for there shit and I hate it. Every thing that I want is always to much money. I can buy 3 Yamaha AN1x's for the same price of that Supernova but I dont care about the AN1x. The JP 8000 is down in price to but both of those boards are crap. Now the Access Virus looks really good and its about half the price of the Supernova. But come on I think all these synths and boxes are to expensive. I only get 650 US dollers a month and I have to live on that money I have to pay my rent, food, electricity etc before I can think about getting anything that I want. Not that much people get as much as I get and even fewer get more than what I get. For all those who owns a Supernova or any synth must be very rich folks cus I dont see how I can get this stuff. My brother fortunatley makes twice as much as I and even he cant help me get the good stuff. Why cant instruments of today cost as much as guitars or other types of instruments. I can save money to buy somthing around $500 dollers but anything more is to much and will take too long to save. I wish I own Millions of dollers like you people cus it looks like only you can afford the good stuff while us poor people have to be happy with the scraps. Tell me what jobs out there will give enough money to afford anything over $500 US dollers? Did you win the lottery or somthing to afford you gear or somthing cus I dont know how the hell you people pull it off. I can tell you this There is not as many Rich people out there as there is with poor people. And us poor people have great musical talents to you know. To me its sad to alot of talent waisted because us poor people just couldnt afford your products or any one elses products for that matter. I have no real good knowlage about how to read music so when I play on a keyboard I dont really know what keys I am pushing but I do know what keys sounds good with other keys. And I have people in the stores I go to ask me how long have I been playing or I'll have people saying that I have never heard anything like that before or that sounds great. I even had some one say please keep playing dont stop. or I have some one even say I want your CD's. But hay im just a poor guy I dont own the good stuff but I do know how to play them and I know there is alot more people like me out there and they to cant afford the good stuff. I think Music industries will make a much better profet if they will sell there music equipment a little cheaper so at least most of us poor people out there can make some good tunes. I am a music collecter I listen to alot of types of music(mainly electronic). Its to bad that I cant afford making the music I like and music that no ones never heard yet. I dont hate your company I like you people and all the othere music companies out there its just I wish we can afford the good stuff too instead of buying scraps and second hand stuff if you know what I mean. later

Message 6/28             15-Sep-98  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Richie

Well, ever hear of a thing called interest free credit? Believe it or not that is how people afford to buy the stuff these days. I could buy a supernova with one months wages but hey I want to pay my mortgage and eat as well. So IFC is the way people like me can buy one. Just depends on whether you want to tie yourself down for 2 years or so while you are paying it off...

Most of my mates use bank loans and buy whole studios 2nd hand, (2-3000ukp) then they'll take the stuff they did'nt want and sell it to recover most of the money (which goes towards paying the loan).. They are left with a couple of nice pieces of kit that cost them around 3/4 of the 2nd hand market value..

Good way of doing it if you have the commitment to pay of the original loan with any sales you make.

Richie..

Message 7/28             15-Sep-98  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

peterkadar

Hey guys,

I feel your pain about the prices of great new gear. In Canada, our dollar is currently less than two thirds of an American one. Add at least 33% to many of the American prices, and you start to see our situation. Nonetheless, you can't really criticize companies like Novation, or anyone else really, because synthesizers are not as big a market as Fender Strats. Or even non-musical products. The snv appears to be a super fine piece of gear, and I can't wait until they come out over here. The bottom line is you do get what you pay for, and even synth manufacturers have to feed their families. If you can find a music store that lets you finance gear over a year, like Long&McQuade up here, then at least it presents oppourtunities for us that may not normally exist. I own tons of gear, but almost all of it has been financed, and I've been doing it for a long time. Check out all your options, and try not to feel overwhelmed. You DON'T need a million dollars to get cool sounding stuff, and certainly many hit records have been produced with minimal setups.
And if you still feel that gear is still too expensive, think about this: the synths that are coming out now (like the supernova) are capable of much more than most of the really high end stuff that came out fifteen or even ten years ago. People can make professional quality recordings in their bedrooms with less than $10,000 of gear. What would the same quality production have cost even ten years ago? Considerably more. If you really have no cash, then even $3000 for a really fine synth would seem like a pipe dream, but for the bang for the buck ratio, we live in a SWEET time for gear.
Befor everyone goes blind trying to read my extended essay here, just one last story: I have a friend who runs a successful production company in Detroit, MI. He has a small studio, but he knows it really well, and he is ALWAYS busy. A tremendously creative individual, he began his business living in the back of his van, cranking out jingles with two analog 4-track machines synce'd together. Think of what he could do with some of the second hand stuff that's out today!

Message 8/28             16-Sep-98  @  03:43 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

kilo

.... whatever the money thing... fact is this..... the supernova, is a very powerful... latest release.... synth.... up in the top of it's type on the market.... synths at this area cost a load...and if you're into analog sounds, the Nova is great to aspire to owning...but no need to be put off... think positive...

...... you CAN do a gig/party... with a sequencer, sampler, drum box... and.... an old basstation.... pick one up.... they are ok and cheap... or get an old 101.... whatever.... but if these guys hadn't made it, it'd be one less cheap analog thing you can pick up and twiddle.... or get a sampler drum box and an old FM .... anyways... it's about 500-600 pounds -uk... ands you can do gigs with it.... and as reliably as if you had a pair of technics and disks.... you can play.... in the style you choose.... you can start to play... you can start to get out and make a name if you're any good...... then it starts to roll, and you build..... it's not at all about reading music.. or 'Playing' keyboards..... it's about mixing beats, breaks, and patterns of sounds in and out over a period of time.... thats all...thats all you need.....

a synth with mega facilities is not going to solve your thing... but that aint where it starts.....but everything has to start somewhere..... and you check-out anyone you admire as an artist... and all of them will have started with almost fuck-all...... it starts with a few hundred's worth of kit and the intention......

Message 9/28             16-Sep-98  @  04:03 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

jason

Thanks for bringing my spirits up I needed it. I'll have to try out thoughs options and see if I can qualify for loans or somthing that will help me get what I want. I feel fine about what I can get with my money and I will feel good if I can just get the Roland JP 8080. I own the Alesis QS8 and what a fine keyboard it is. if I just can get my hands on one of those analogue modelling synth for the real trippy sounds. I could buy an old analogue synth but I am afraid about its inferior structures and that I wouldnt know what to do if my good analog goes out. I want somthing realiable and trippy so the new stuff is my options. I gues I'll miss the warmth and fattness of old analogues but I wont miss it cus I never heard or played one in real life. Only on my CD's I hear analogue but CD's are digitally compressed audio sources so I dont think I am hearing what people are saying about analog as they sound pretty much the same as digital synths except the analogs have the unique way of making sounds. but then some digital keyboards can make some weird stuff to so I may not know if some of the sounds I hear is from a real analog or not. like I said I own the Alesis QS8 and I had made some analogish sounds if I can call them that on my keyboard. I mean I can creat some real synthetic noises on my keyboard. The only real way I know I am listening to real analogues synths is if I amlistening to an artists that has a music out before digital became existance like jean Michel jarres Oxygene and equinox albums. I have the new Oxygene album the one that goes from 7 to 13 and I cant tell if I am hearing analogue or digital as he plays a mixure of analog and digital keyboards on his new CD. later

Message 10/28             16-Sep-98  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Phill

Interesting conversation guy's. We have always strived to bring you...the muso's... value for money, we did it with the BassStation, Drum Station and I think we have done it with the Supernova.

Hava look at your rack Have you got 8 reverbs?

Have you got 8 delays?

Have you got a mixer that could cope with 56 effects?

Does your current ANALOGUE/MODELED stuff have up to 32 voices, 8 outputs and 8 part Multitimbral possibilities?

Yep I know it is not cheap, but it does the job. I find may Multitmbral instruments are alright for Demo's but to get the full sound for a finished proffessional Production inevitably you would end up dedicating some tracks to tape/HD because they dont sound the same in Multimode as they do in program mode.

This is a fundamental change in direction that the Supernova has pioneered. In Multimode on the Supernova it is virtually like having 8 Supernovas. This means 8 SETS of effects are running at once... This is the way it should always have been done ( No compromises ) but COST has always been the problem.

From a Processing angle the 32 voice Supernova has over 1000 MIPs of DSP power. Considering that a Propecy has 30MIPs of DSP power or the 168RC Korg digital desk has 72MIPs of DSP power or the average PC HD Recording card like Darla or the KORG 1212 has 60-80MIPS DSP power the Supernova is very very good value!

Our intention was to bring you a Synth with all the features that were always compromises in the past.

These were...

Great Sound..really liguid Analoue like Classic Modular Systems. ( DSP intensive, LFO's & ENV's have to be REALLY FAST, not pitifully slow and lumpy like all preceeding digial or digitally controlled analouge synths )

It does everything you would expect in every mode. ( DSP intesive as effects section has to be replicated 8 times in Performance mode, Up to 8 arpeggiators in performance mode.)

It's got to be really easy to edit. ( Lots of Knobs and Switches )

It has to have loads of outputs. ( Separate Dac's for each output )

It has to be really clean sounding ( 24bit signal path throughout, including Dac's )

Personally I think we succeded! There is another thing to bear in mind...

There is this pile in my studio that is getting added to every other day as I realise that that bit of gear is no longer required as the Supernova I have has made it effectivley redundant...When I sell them they will have paid for my Supernova...plus I get the benifit of some SPACE back in the Studio.

Phill@Novation

Message 11/28             16-Sep-98  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Phill

Interesting conversation guy's. We have always strived to bring you...the muso's... value for money, we did it with the BassStation, Drum Station and I think we have done it with the Supernova.

Hava look at your rack Have you got 8 reverbs?

Have you got 8 delays?

Have you got a mixer that could cope with 56 effects?

Does your current ANALOGUE/MODELED stuff have up to 32 voices, 8 outputs and 8 part Multitimbral possibilities?

Yep I know it is not cheap, but it does the job. I find may Multitmbral instruments are alright for Demo's but to get the full sound for a finished proffessional Production inevitably you would end up dedicating some tracks to tape/HD because they dont sound the same in Multimode as they do in program mode.

This is a fundamental change in direction that the Supernova has pioneered. In Multimode on the Supernova it is virtually like having 8 Supernovas. This means 8 SETS of effects are running at once... This is the way it should always have been done ( No compromises ) but COST has always been the problem.

From a Processing angle the 32 voice Supernova has over 1000 MIPs of DSP power. Considering that a Propecy has 30MIPs of DSP power or the 168RC Korg digital desk has 72MIPs of DSP power or the average PC HD Recording card like Darla or the KORG 1212 has 60-80MIPS DSP power the Supernova is very very good value!

Our intention was to bring you a Synth with all the features that were always compromises in the past.

These were...

Great Sound..really liguid Analoue like Classic Modular Systems. ( DSP intensive, LFO's & ENV's have to be REALLY FAST, not pitifully slow and lumpy like all preceeding digial or digitally controlled analouge synths )

It does everything you would expect in every mode. ( DSP intesive as effects section has to be replicated 8 times in Performance mode, Up to 8 arpeggiators in performance mode.)

It's got to be really easy to edit. ( Lots of Knobs and Switches )

It has to have loads of outputs. ( Separate Dac's for each output )

It has to be really clean sounding ( 24bit signal path throughout, including Dac's )

Personally I think we succeded! There is another thing to bear in mind...

There is this pile in my studio that is getting added to every other day as I realise that that bit of gear is no longer required as the Supernova I have has made it effectivley redundant...When I sell them they will have paid for my Supernova...plus I get the benifit of some SPACE back in the Studio.

Phill@Novation

Message 12/28             17-Sep-98  @  03:09 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

peterkadar

Yeah, what can I say? The Supernova's the stuff man. I really look forward to when they come out up here. i don't feel bad for spending so much coin on something like this. Even if I have to wait for a while for them to arrive, and to save up the $$$, for a piece of gear of this magnitude, I feel it's going to be worth it.

Message 13/28             17-Sep-98  @  06:33 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Phill Like I said I dont hate you people its just a bit difficult to get these things with those prices and I do understand your technical push for the supernova. Thats why I want one. I just wish it isnt so hard to get good stuff but this is the way its just gonna have to be. You know what really sucks? I just got almost $8000 Dollers from my SSI benefit and I cant spend it on any thing over $500 US dollers. If I had the freedom to get it I would in no time. Oh well I guess i'll just have to bite it and just dream about owning an analog synth. Mabey I can find a way to get the Roland JP 8080 some how. Its much cheaper and is an analog emulation synth and delevers a Voice modualtion and Vocoder effects which is somthing I wouldnt mind having. I guess you go with what you can affored and just forget about the things you want and get things that you can get. But man it wouldnt hurt to have somthing like the Supenova. later

Message 14/28             18-Sep-98  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

peterkadar

The 8080 is a cool piece of gear, but I don't think it could touch the snv. I was listening to the demo on the FM cd last night with another keyboard player, and we couldn't believe it. I'm going down right now to check the shops and see if it's in yet.
The nice thing is, if I got one of these, I don't think I'd ever have to worry about not having amazing analog tone ever again. I hope it arrives soon.

Message 15/28             20-Sep-98  @  03:33 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

I am another poor guy in the world

You know what screw you all. I dont give a shit about how powerfull the supernova is. Aslong its expensive then not very many people will buy it in another words your supernova is shit if alot of people cant buy it. Ive talk to many people on the internet about this synth and they said its pretty cool but to much money I'll just be happy with somthing else. To me that sounds like your are losing potential buyers to me including me. I ohnestly will buy a JP 8000 or an AN1x over the Supernova regardless how technically advanced it is. like people say you cant sell a good product if it is not at a good price. There is no point in hyping a unit if people are not going to have the money to get it comprende. For the money your asking for people would rather buy a used car or buy alot of other things instead. Korg is another one same as Clavia. they sell products that are too expensive. This is the reason why Roland is doing so well as they always make sure there customers will beable to get the latest from them. as they make more than one of the same model so people from all different wallet sizes can benefit. Alesis is doing good with there products. Alesis released an 88 note keyboard that offered more than enough sounds and program upgrades that would cost normally 3-$4000 US dollers but they offered ot for just around $2000 tops and as low nowadays as $1400. Im sorry I must be missing somthing cus if some of these companies can release somthing so good and for such a low price then why cant people like you do the same. Actually I can buy a Alesis QS6.1 for $600 and it will have offers that is expected in only expensive synths. The QS6.1 is basically a QS8 with 61 keys. You see Like Yamaha and Roland, Alesis is customer friendly and cash friendly. If you seriuosly can not lower the price of you supernova then make a scaled down model of the original instead of having so much arpegiators and mini sequencers buit in just lower them but keep the sound quality also lower the multitimbral power. Besides not to many people will ever make use of all 8 seperate this and that just because it can do it. People dont buy synths for there features people buy synths for there sound. IMHO I will buy a scaled down supernova just because of its sound basically put. I see your synth has way to much to offer for most people and not many people likes to buy an all in one box deals as most people will buy seperate stuff sor seperate things. There just more freedom to do what you want to do this way. you cant deny that. Because when you buy somthing that claimes to be an all in one perpose machine then your actually limiting your self to just that machine. so heres my words I WANT YOU SUPERNOVA BUT FEATURES ARE SHIT IF I CANT BUY THEM.

BTW even though I new its specs and stuff. Just by how you sold other equipment for cheap I was expecting this synth to come out at around 12-$1500 US dollers. I was so happy to hear about the supernova coming from you as I new you people were a cost friendly company untill I found out about its real price and boy did I feel so let down. One second you guys were a cost friendly company and then now another second you people have become a money hungry company. Wise words if you have somthing that every one wants and you try to sell it at a big price you will lose but if you have somthing that everone wants and you sell it for a small price you will win. Food for thought. later

Message 16/28             20-Sep-98  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Coyote

I don't think the QS Alesis serie have filters with any kind of resonance in them. All that kind of sound in these machines are Samples of Resonant Filter Sounds that are made on better machines. No? (I had an Alesis Quadrasynth plus -no filters and very short on sound morphing technology so I sold it and now I feel better because without filters, any synth seems like a rip-off. As for the Supernova, I don't know how much it costs for R&D and parts and how many people have to get their money for this at Novation, but I'll bet it had to be pricey, or the price will come down someday. Some cool stuff is somewhat elite because it has a lot of cool features and the company is willing to shell out to support it in the years ahead. The Supernova has a flash rom upgradability which says to me that somebody (maybe alot of bodies) have to put in the time to reprogram it and come up with new and better features thru the years. This costs money and time, all in the name of keeping up with cutting-edge concepts that pop into the developers minds that they'd like to share with us. So without the money, they'd have to be out there as Strip Club Dancers, Gigging Musicians, or WORSE! instead of sitting in their cold laboratories working hard on the next OS for us. Novation are coming out with OS3 REAL SOON NOW, and that's cool. Phill of Novation keeps us informed and has a good attitude to help people and that's cool. The Supernova costs a lot of money, and that sucks, but I'll admit that I don't have their financial books in front of me right now, so I will have to believe that they need the money so they can develop, manufacture, support and improve a cool product like the Supernova. But don't get me wrong, I wish stuff was dirt cheap. But if you are really really upset about the Supernova price and you say that other stuff is cheaper, but you aren't buying the other stuff, that means the Supernova has features U can't get from the other stuff, so it is unique and probably worth the price. But I'll leav that up to you to decide for yourself. What do you think?

Message 17/28             20-Sep-98  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

The Alesis QS8 I know has filters and it can resonate sounds but its a trick in the unit. To resonate the sounds in the QS8 I know is you will have to use the flanger effect in a curtin way. Any way Its not just Novation I am upset to its clavia and Korg as well along with Kurzweil. Sure these high price units may have features that no one else has but that isnt gonna help if people cant afford them. AS for the Alesis so what it has fake filter techniques its still an awsome machine as it does deliver excelent sounds anyways. Your wright the QS or any other synth of this nature can not make manipulate sounds like analogues can and thats why I want an analog modelling unit so I can do the cool weird analogish sounds. I Think if its the sound that sells the machine then Novation or any other company should release a scaled down version or make it like a modular so people like me can afford it better. Yes the supernova can do things that nothing else out there can but there is much cheaper gear out there that can do things that the supernova cant do either so its basically a double edge sword here. If they do lower the price of this machine but now its just expensive so they can make money and pay there balance of the technology that made the supernova is then I will understand Novations position. I guess your right after all they are a small company and it isnt like they can do every thing yet so they have to make money some were to make it big right. Ok I am sorry about my temper and negativity. Im just wondering why they ask so much for the Supernova as I think they will beable to sell more of them at a lower price but then I can see if they tried to sell them for much cheaper then they can be losing money for the Technical service to make the supernova. And now as I see were there coming from the supernova is actually a very economical machine and is worthy for pay of admission. And when phill was telling us what the supernova is capable of doing I took as if he was trying to sell the hype of its features to make money but he was actually saying that how much you can do on this machine and were delivering it at a very reasonable price. After all it really has a ton of features that could easilly be worth lots of money and for what they can give you now I think the $2400 US dollers for it isnt as bad as I first thought it was and for $3200 or $899 dollers more you will have basically own a mega super Workstation analogue of your dreams machine that you always wanted. And just for only $3200 its yours. If I save up now I will beable to own one in 3 to 4 years time. Yes bigger and badder stuff will be out by then but the supernova as being as good as it is now will still be worthy as by then the price for it will most likly be lower as Technology ages. I want that Roland JP 8080 too as its a good machine. Say will it be overkill if I owned the Alesis QS8,Supernova,JP 8080, and the Access Virus in my setup? I will buy the JP 8080 first as its the cheapist then the Virus and by that time the supernova should come down in price and so that way I will own the best of Analogue emulation. And then just to make it look cool I will build a cabinet that will fit the 3 Modules and the alesis synthesizer in a way that will make it look like a one big fucking power house synth. Now that will be phat.

Message 18/28             21-Sep-98  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Coyote

Good Idea!

And don't forget the chair. Even if you like to make music standing up, you listen sitting or laying down, don't you? There's some cool shit coming out of Denmark that can be had for very likkle money if you look around. The Danes, as you probably know, have the edge on combining style with simplicity. I think they also have a cool software synth coming out or is out except maybe not for the WIntel platform yet. If you have a reasonable computer, there's alot of cool stuff coming out in software that will keep you hap-dippity-doodling for a long time. Imagine yourself with just some of the kit you want, then creating phat shit that phiniky groaners want to hear and pay money for, then getting so much cash that you need to expand your studio 'cause you buy anything that suits your fancy. A little more cash, then a little more kit, then... With pockets bulging with money, and braincells exploding with creativity, and a studio stocked with tools that will help you create whatever comes into your vast, galactic mind, you will be king of your niche because you had the guts to pull yourself up by your bootstraps until you were taller than most musos out there, and when you see somebody struggling like you used to, you can show them the ropes, give them the gift of some of your light, and create Peace on Earth one harmonic at a time...

Message 19/28             21-Sep-98  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Coyote

BTW...
1. Sometimes I do regret not having the Quadrasynth because it did have some cool sounds.

2. I got my SN from Eurosynth in Utah for $1900 US.

Message 20/28             22-Sep-98  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Yeah I have heard of software synths I just didnt know if there as good as owning the real thing. Can you say Supernova PC. Thats a great Idea instead of filling your room with synths and sound equipment why not fill your Hard Drive with synths and studio software? Coyote were should I look for a real good software analogue program? I know Clavia brought out a Modular software but it cost a lot of money and it needs an out side synth board or unit to control the synth inside. I know there is some TB 303 clones in software but I dont want just a TB 303 emulator I want somthing in a form of todays analogue modelling but done in a computer software. that way it should be cheaper to manufacture and they can build much bigger synths using software. Clavia had the right Idea but it must have the out side Clavia Synth box to run its software modulator. If software technology is not high tech enough to run a whole synth program by software as it needs an out side model like the clavia's Modulator synth then I can understand why clavia made it like that. If all it takes to run somthing like the supernova PC is a good sound card, Good speakers, and a fast computer then I say lets build one. Now I can understand if the purpose of owning a real synth board to run the software on the computer is to let people have a real touch on what there doing instead of typing or using the mouse. Now what do you think is todays computers and software ready enough to handle somthing like a supernova all in a comp? I hope so other wise if were not that far in technology then I hope it will be here real soon. later

Message 21/28             02-Oct-98  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

sdrouin

Phil,

I am not a musician but having worked 20 years in computers (software and hardware) and with heavily 3D graphic and parallel intensive applications, I tested the SuperNova and this is a fantastic machine properly synchronized in all senses (a lot of your time writing the OS must have been spent on synchronization problems!!!!)...I am currently based in Malaysia but will buy one as soon as I am back in Canada or Europe...

Great work!!!!!!

Message 22/28             06-Oct-98  @  01:23 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

peterkadar

At first I was frustrated that that guy was kind of bashing the snv, and novation in general. However, I can sort of see his point.

The thing is, there are already a ton of cheaper analog modelling synths on the market, like the an1x, which is a good machine. The snv, on the other hand, is a very high end phat bastard of a synth, and i think it will go down in history along the same lines as the high end Oberheim stuff from the 80's. Personally, for what it does, and the expandability of the unit, if they were available in Canada, I'd be the first in line for one.( if I had the cash at the time.)

It's expensive, but feature for feature, it beats all the other shit that's out there. If they designed something to compete for the an1x, then it wouldn't be all that innovative, would it?

I really like what Yamaha has done with the ex5, and Korg with the wavestaion, and more recently, the Z1, but I think that for analog, the snv is the undisputed heavyweight champion. I like a lot of the Roland stuff too, but I'll wait for the snv and the cash to buy it.

Message 23/28             06-Oct-98  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Mickey

Agreed. Another point, which is often overlooked: Support! IMHO within the big players Novation has the best customer support which definately should gain weight in the buyers' decision.

Just look at this forum...

Mickey.

Message 24/28             06-Oct-98  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

peterkadar

Yeah, what he just said!

Message 25/28             15-Oct-98  @  10:36 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

TBFRAK

Why doesnt the drumstation
sync properly. When using the roland din sync.

Message 26/28             15-Oct-98  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

Phill

Please check the software OS of the Drumstation by Pressing and Holding Down the Audition Button when Powering up. The display will show a 2 figure number. If your Drumstation has anything less than 13 you have an old OS. This should be upgraded to 13 OS. Please check and advise

Phill@Novation

Message 27/28             16-Oct-98  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

dontgive

TO THE GUY THAT CANT AFFORD IT.......

Your use of the english language and your constant need to swear indicates that you are probably the kind of person who would be happy to burgle someones house and nick one...

So why dont you 1) Stop moaning... 2) Learn to read and write... 3) Go and get a decent job....

Message 28/28             17-Oct-98  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Help Supernova Info?

dontgive

TO THE GUY THAT CANT AFFORD IT.......

Your use of the english language and your constant need to swear indicates that you are probably the kind of person who would be happy to burgle someones house and nick one...

So why dont you 1) Stop moaning... 2) Learn to read and write... 3) Go and get a decent job....

Viewing all 28 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)