aaa bleeding sound - Bass Station Keyboard - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: bleeding sound - Bass Station Keyboard

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             15-Sep-98  @  04:03 AM   -   bleeding sound - Bass Station Keyboard

ritek1

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

My bass Station (keyboard type) seems be bleeding off sounds even when not being played. It does have new batteries and this problem also happens with the power supply. The sound is not loud at all but, I was wondering if this is a common problem or I have a faulty Synth.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             15-Sep-98  @  12:10 PM   -   RE: bleeding sound - Bass Station Keyboard

Richie

Yup, mine does that as well, so did 2 others I have used... You could stick it through a noise gate..

Message 3/9             15-Sep-98  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: bleeding sound - Bass Station Keyboard

xoxos

Link?:  Link

i have to reinitialize the poor dear every five minutes.. save, save, save..

great keyboard, wish it was more solid GUYS.

xoxos.

Message 4/9             17-Sep-98  @  12:50 AM   -   RE: bleeding sound - Bass Station Keyboard

Gabe106

I bought one new and it did that and sent it to DEMI Service and they said it was normal signal to noise ratio,but I thought it was bull. I even heard a rack and it didn't do it. Anyway, I sold it and later bought a used one. And guess what? IT DOESN'T DO IT ON ALL OF THEM. Good luck

Message 5/9             17-Sep-98  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: bleeding sound - Bass Station Keyboard

kas

Ever tried Spectral Audio's Protone....
Hmmmjammmie, blood drips from the ceiling when you turn those knobs....and it is red

Message 6/9             23-Sep-98  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: bleeding sound - Bass Station Keyboard

boa

just picked up a bass station second hand.
after playing with it for about 20 mins the output dropped to virtually nothing. i'm not sure if i pushed something or the machine is faulty?
i tied to put it through my 8ch mixer and with the gain and volume right up it will not light the peak LED's which i can even do with a crap mic.
all the other functions apparantly work.
could you shed any light on the situation?

Message 7/9             25-Sep-98  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: bleeding sound - Bass Station Keyboard

Franz.alt

You have to set the incoming and outgoing
midi-channel at the same value.

If this is ok, you might open your filter by
increasing the filter frequency (turn it right !)

Message 8/9             28-Sep-98  @  02:45 PM   -   RE: bleeding sound - Bass Station Keyboard

Richie

Are you using it from a software sequencer? try setting the volume on the sequencer to 127.. (cakewalk defaults to 100 and can sometimes be set to a lower number which it will then transmit everytime you start a sequence..)

Might be a dodgy power connection.. mine does the same I just power it off/on which fixes it.

Is it the lead?

Message 9/9             04-Oct-98  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: bleeding sound - Bass Station Keyboard

Phill

BassStation Keyboards are a bit before my time but I will find out the answers fro sure tommorrow.

_Bleeding sound: This could be due to missalighnment of the VCA. I will check with the engineer who designed it.

_Shutting down after a period of time: These problems could very well be related to Power Supply Failure. The very first thing I would do is try another Novation PSU4 power supply. ( Wall Wart )

Phill@Novation

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)