aaa performance write ?????? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: performance write ??????

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             15-Sep-98  @  04:06 PM   -   performance write ??????

kewa

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Every time I make a performance in the supernova with
sevaral programs and I write it,
the programs have changed the next time
I use the performance !
This is reeeaaaalllyy annoying!!
Please advise Phill !!

Thanx

Steve

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             16-Sep-98  @  11:43 AM   -   RE: performance write ??????

Phill

You are probably saving the Performance with the "Update Programs parameter" in the write proceedure set to "yes"

This is a great feature but if you are using the SAME programs in other Performances, altering them in the performance and then saving & updating programs then when the oldperformance in recalled the altered programs will be loaded. This happens on all synths, I think the worst one is the Wavestation as there are 4 wavesequences involved in each program as well!!

If you use the "Each" optoin in the "Update Programs" parameter in the Perf Write proceedure supernova will look at all the programs in the performance and if any have been modified promts you to save them. At this point you could save then to a blank location in the D bank. When this is done reloading the Performance will load these programs and so it should sound exactly the same UNLESS YOU MODIFY THEM AGAIN IN ANOTHER PERFORMANCE.

Phill@Novation

Message 3/8             16-Sep-98  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: performance write ??????

kewa

No, it's not that the programs have changed in that way.

The next time I use the performance for example
the program a004 has
changed into b084.

It looks like in the write operation the supernova forgets wich tone has been used !

What am I doing wrong !!!

Steve

Message 4/8             16-Sep-98  @  11:18 PM   -   RE: performance write ??????

D

I noticed the same problem.
This annoying thing is happening when you save the performance and the midi thru on your sequencer is set to one of the SuperNova midi channels.
When you'r saving performance simply change the channel that is selected on your sequencer.
Phil, can you trace this problem and fix it in os 3?
My wife (the SuperNova) is the greatest of them all....

Message 5/8             19-Sep-98  @  03:26 PM   -   RE: performance write ??????

Donny

Heb je ooit wel eens de gebruiksaanwijzing gelezen of lees je alleen maar de gebruiks aanwijzing van de produkten van BOP's 303-tjes
of ben je nou gewoon te dom
Maar je hebt me net gebeld en gezegd dat ik niet mag kloten op dit forum want dan krijgen ze een wachtwoord

dus see you later aligator !

Sorry english people it's in dutch !!!!

Yo Kewa de mazzel he !!

Oh ja
SLACHTEN DIE KIP !!!!!!!!!!

Message 6/8             22-Sep-98  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: performance write ??????

Kewa

Phill,

Please advise:

When I write my performance
the supernova has changed the programs that i've used the next time I select the perf. I mean for example:
I selected Anafuzzy logik (a031) on channel 3 the next time i use the performance on channnel 3 there is another program: b84

some channels are written OK
but some aren't.

This happens randomly.

Please help !

Steve

Message 7/8             22-Sep-98  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: performance write ??????

Phill

I have not noticed this, I will check but I have never encountered this problem. Does the Supernova exibit this problem when No MIDI leads are connected? ( It may be a sequencer re-mapping problem )

Please Save a newly created Performance with no MIDI leads connected and confirm if the Performance is saved correctly.

Phill

Message 8/8             22-Sep-98  @  03:30 PM   -   RE: performance write ??????

Phill

Just a thought if you have 2 or more parts assigned to the same channel with MIDI thru enabled on your sequencer and MIDI out connected to the input of the sequencer, then program changes / volume changes , indeed any changes made on one part will be mirrored on the other, hence maybe the differing Programs. Check the Program Numbers on EVERY part before saving, to confirm..I think this may be the problem.

Possible solutions...

Filter out Program Changes from being feed thru the software. In cubase this is done in options/Midi Filtering.

Disconnect MIDI out or disable MIDI Thru when adjusting parameters on parts assigned to the same MIDI channel.

Phill

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)