aaa The Supernova PC - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: The Supernova PC

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             22-Sep-98  @  07:00 AM   -   The Supernova PC

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

what will be the next step in software synths these days? How about a Software Supernova or somthing simular. I know clavia came out with a software Modulator but it had to have controls from out side of the computer. Now the clavia's way was expensive but it allowed people to beable to creat music and sounds in reality instead of it being all in a computer. But is it possible that you can make somthing that does not need an expensive out side box to create your sounds with. And if people wants to have that real life feel that they will buy the seperet synth board that can go with it or somthing that can be compatible with the software? Basically alls I need is to have all the controls on the computer and have a real Midi synth keyboard to play the sound and notes with. Phill what do you think is this possible can you guys do this? It seems like softare synth are much cheaper than buying real synths so this way will definitly get you more potential buyers for your product/s as many people do own a PC or Mac. Im thinking if your computer is Midi ready, has a good sound card,Good hard disk drive,Good speakers and a fast CPU then alls you need is the softare synth and your ready to go. can it be done? I hope so. So imagine a supernova PC/Mac. later

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             22-Sep-98  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: The Supernova PC

Phill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

To do what Supernova does is POWER HUNGRY...currently I cannot see a way to do it, even the latest Personal computers would be pushed.. plus, you would want it to run say Cubase VST4 as well and also a bunch of plugins...Currently I think there is not enough power available..but someday?

DSP Factory by yamaha is an interesting development...They supply extra ommph on a card, freeing up the Computer CPU.

Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)