aaa Arpeggiator Problem - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Arpeggiator Problem

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             30-Sep-98  @  01:24 AM   -   Arpeggiator Problem

josgc

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

After I bought my Supernova I found a problem which seems to be rather annoying: the arpegg. fails to work with no specific reason after some time moving in the sound bank. For example, letīs say you are searching for a sound, and you start scrolling through them: after a few minutes, it suddenly occurs that when you play a note in a sound which uses teh arpegg., you hear nothing. But, if you disconnect the arpegg., you can play with the sound, and this doesnīt affect to sounds not using it.
The strange thing about this is that it doesnīt seem to have a specific cause, doesnīt happen always and also doesnīt happen after a certain amount of time. Maybe you could help me:ŋis this a hardware problem? ŋis this normal? ŋis there anyone having the same problem?
Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             30-Sep-98  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Arpeggiator Problem

Muffy

Is MIDI clock set to Internal or External in Global mode. If set to External, the arp. will only sound if the SN is receiving MIDI clock data.

Message 3/9             01-Oct-98  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: Arpeggiator Problem

josgc

The problem occurs with the arpeggiator set to "INT" on global mode... sorry for not specifying this before.

Message 4/9             01-Oct-98  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: Arpeggiator Problem

Mickey

Yep! You're the second one with this problem. I bet you are using OS2, yes ? This seems to be a problem introduced with OS2, which is hardly to reproduce. It occurs totally random. I've experienced this several times. Did you found a way to reproduce ? We must advice further to have this eliminated in OS3.

-- Mickey

Message 5/9             01-Oct-98  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: Arpeggiator Problem

josgc

Youīve guessed it, I have os2 installed. What I donīt remember is if the problem also appeared on the first version, because I upgraded my machine a few hours after I bought it...
About reproducing it, Iīm sorry but I canīt help you a lot... before I wrote I spent a long time searching for possible causes and I couldnīt find anything concrete. I first thought that it happened when I changed from one sound to another while a note was still playing (f.ex. you are pressing c3 and you change to another sound without depressing it), because it seemed consistent to me the idea that maybe the fact of having that note still playing caused the arpegg. to crash, but in fact I was wrong... Even so I still have the idea that the problem has to be with scrolling in the sounds bank -as far as I remember, no matter how many time I was working with the supernova, if I only changed from one sound to another a few times nothing strange happened, but when I repeated this operation many times the problem finally appeared-. The matter of this thing is to find something concrete thet happens always before the arpegg. crashes; well, now that I know this isnīt only a problem of my machine, I will test as many possibilities as I can, and if I find something that could help I will tell... thanks a lot for your help, and letīs expect to solve it for os3...
Just another thing: I made a combination using progs. A029 and B024 alltogheter -one over the other, sounding at the same time when you press a note-; in that situation, if a have a chord sustained with my left hand and I do a quick solo -like a scale- with the right, some noise appears as molest clicks can be heard -very short clicks, but clicks after all-. Iīm not completely sure but I think that it happens with similar combinations as well as with others; maybe you could help me with this. Another time thanks for your supporting; I will be very glad to help on whatever I can if needed.

Message 6/9             04-Oct-98  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: Arpeggiator Problem

Phill

Yes this is a problem with Version2. It appears at random. We have fixed this in version 3 due for release soon.

Phill@Novation

Message 7/9             21-Oct-98  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: Arpeggiator Problem

rbarkataki

I have recently bought a Supernova and may I first say that it is even better than I thought it was going to be!
I do have one problem though. I want to midi sync the arpeggiator using cakewalk and also midi sync Rebirth 2.0 on the PC. I have not been able to do both at the same time. I think it has something to do with the midi output ports?? Is it possible to sync both the Supernova and Rebirth or am I just wasting my time?
Thanks

Reuben

Message 8/9             22-Oct-98  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: Arpeggiator Problem

Mickey

Sure. You need a virtual loopback device (for instance HUBIS MIDI Loopback) which then doubles the MIDI Clock messages to an internal port (for synchronizing with Rebirth) and external port (Supernova).

Mickey.

Message 9/9             22-Oct-98  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: Arpeggiator Problem

kilo

i get that arp thing too..... it seems to happen when flippinmg around whilst recieving midi data from the sequencer... if i stop the sequencer, and reset the arp, it starts again ok....

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)