aaa Supernova: Appearance - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova: Appearance

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             10-Oct-98  @  12:52 AM   -   Supernova: Appearance

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just curious about what ideas were tossed around before the SN became the notorious blue meanie. Would I be using an orange or green one now? Maybe I'd be wiping finger prints off its clear plexi face? Did Clavia's Nord Lead offer any inspiration?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             10-Oct-98  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: Supernova: Appearance

tpure

Doh! Forgot my e-mail address.

Message 3/6             12-Oct-98  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: Supernova: Appearance

Phill

The Supernova kinda evolved into Blue...Blue being the colour in our LOGO and Blue being the colour of the BassStation Keyboards panel, Blue being the colour of the knobs on the BassStation Rack and Blue the colour of the legending on the Super Bass Station, how could it be anything else?

I actually have a sky blue proto somewhere...didn't look that great though!

The Nord styling is destinctive but has no effect on our design.

We went through over about 30 different panel designs before we were done.

Phill@Novation

Message 4/6             12-Oct-98  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: Supernova: Appearance

Mickey

Yeah - I can remember a prototype in a glass-box on the german Musikmesse 1997 - which had a totally different layout. IMHO the current layout is much better than what I've seen in 1997. Just wondering: How much of the synthesis engine was really ready when you presented it ?

Mickey.

Message 5/6             13-Oct-98  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: Supernova: Appearance

tpure

Thanks Phil, I was guessing that, but it was the shade of blue that cast some doubt. Perhaps some of the rejected panels could be put on-line in an area similar to the ads section of the USA site.

Message 6/6             14-Oct-98  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: Supernova: Appearance

Phill

The Engine was alive and kickin on a PC card. This proved invaluable for development as it enabled us to forsee the potential of the sythesis without having to commit to hardware early. Hence all the Knobs/Functionality on the front...minimum menus...Look at the Virus for example and you can see almost the reverse...Hardware @ Frankfurt and when finally delivered quite a few menus.

If you really think it's interesting to look at the older version of the panel, I may stick it on the new site....COMING VERY SOON... I'm nearly finished.

Phill@Novation

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)