aaa Plastic dreams..... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Plastic dreams.....

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             12-Oct-98  @  06:10 PM   -   Plastic dreams.....

strikee

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

Im looking for some far out echo booming sopunds as found on the ledgendary track Jaydee's Plastic Dreams. You know the one... It just repeats and repeats on track.

Can the supernova offer such quality??

Thanks

Ed Strike

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             12-Oct-98  @  07:39 PM   -   Plastic dreams.....

strikee

Hi,

Im looking for some far out echo booming sopunds as found on the ledgendary track Jaydee's Plastic Dreams. You know the one... It just repeats and repeats on track.

Thanks

Ed Strike

Message 3/7             13-Oct-98  @  10:03 AM   -   Plastic dreams.....

strikee

Hi,

Thanks

Ed Strike

Message 4/7             14-Oct-98  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: Plastic dreams.....

Phill

Allthough I've probably hear this track I dont recognise the name...I have a dreadful memory for names!!!

Delay thingies...Oh yes the Supernova can do em...

Phill@Novation

Message 5/7             21-Oct-98  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: Plastic dreams.....

brill track
excellent bell sound, I'd like to know what he used, also

Message 6/7             24-Nov-98  @  01:54 AM   -   RE: Plastic dreams.....

Andrew Fragoso(DeepBlue

Hey Ed! I love that song!
I loved it so much that;like
yourself, I had to find that "sound". The sound,(even though it sounds incredibly synthetic), is actually an acoustic instrument called the panflute. The reason the sound on the track does'nt sound like the traditional pan flute sound is because it is tranposed about 2 octaves down in pitch. This is not an endorsement Kurzweil, but I believe the actual sound can be found on their K2000: the presets name is bamboo voices(it even comes programed with that "special" delay.) You can can also find "the" organ sound on that axxe as well. I have my suspicions Jaydee
used a K2000 for the production of that track. The K2000 was put out around that time. It was'nt Jaydees masterful synth programing that gave him such a winner, because all he did was play a bunch of presets(not very creative), it's the way he used them...Perfect! To answer your question as to the supernovas ability to produce this particular type of sound...the answer is yes!
Basically; as realised through the ears of a synthesist, a similar sound can be created by applying a pitch envelope(a:0%d:10%s:0%r:0%)env mod set at 45%. to a square wave that has it's duty cycle being modulated by an l.f.o.(for subtle chorusing effect.).ect.ect. Any questions.. you have my address.
So now that you've been informed go hear it for yourself...You will be pleasantly suprised...
Happy programming...Blue.

Message 7/7             24-Nov-98  @  02:10 AM   -   RE: Plastic dreams.....

DeepBlue

Hey Phill,
Are there any job opportunities open at Novation for a guy like me?
Yours "truly",
Blue

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)