aaa 2 different VA synths what will they be? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: 2 different VA synths what will they be?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             27-Oct-98  @  02:20 AM   -   2 different VA synths what will they be?

Jason

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

If you have enough money to buy 2 different Analogue modelling synths then what will they be. For me it will have to be the Supernova and the Virus.

Now you can't choose the same Virtual analogue synths other wise the question will be stupid I mean ofcoures 2 Supernova's but that defeats this question so plese 2 different synths.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             27-Oct-98  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: 2 different VA synths what will they be?

Mickey

If there's one companion to the Supernova then it's the Nord Modular with its open architecture. No effects - but pure analog sound!

Mickey.

Message 3/7             27-Oct-98  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: 2 different VA synths what will they be?

Phill

Check the bottom end though!

Phill@Novation

Message 4/7             28-Oct-98  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: 2 different VA synths what will they be?

Kewa

The first one is without doubt the Supernova !!!

I own a Yamaha An1x and this
one is also a truly fantastic synth with an own character. It lacks multitimbrality but the pure
sounds make up for that.
I think it beats the JP8k.

I can't say much about other
VA synths. I only comment on synths that I own or have owned.

Cheers.
Steve

Message 5/7             28-Oct-98  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: 2 different VA synths what will they be?

harry.hormbrey

How about a software/computer based synth to complement the SNV? I think the new Pulsar card from Creamw@re looks really interesting - the card itself is basically a very powerful DSP engine and allows them to create numerous virtual synths in software. Check out www.creamware.com - looks pretty cool stuff to me (but obviously not quite as cool as the Supernova! :-)

Harry

Message 6/7             11-Nov-98  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: 2 different VA synths what will they be?

Hi,

If you can still get hold of an AN1x then I can strongly recomend it. I got one for £475.00 UK, what a bargain. We have a Nord and the two are both quite different. I am looking forward to getting my hands on a supanova.

Paul

Message 7/7             11-Nov-98  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: 2 different VA synths what will they be?

Hi,

If you can still get hold of an AN1x then I can strongly recomend it. I got one for £475.00 UK, what a bargain. We have a Nord and the two are both quite different. I am looking forward to getting my hands on a supanova.

Paul

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)