aaa super bass station sticking notes - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: super bass station sticking notes

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             29-Oct-98  @  09:20 PM   -   super bass station sticking notes

brian.yates

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

the last note sticks when you stop
the midi sequencer

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             30-Oct-98  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: super bass station sticking notes

Phill

My car wont start...

Could be out of gas or buggered motor.

What mode? - Arp or Normal

What Sequemcer?

On what computer platform?

Using what MIDI interface?

What is the setup?

What version OS? (Press Audition and hold down, while holding down power up unit...its will show 2 digit no in display..please tell me.)

Phill@Novation

Message 3/9             04-Nov-98  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: super bass station sticking notes

snapper818

I have a similar problem and its driving me nuts.My Super Bass staion will randomly dalay 1 out of every dozen notes. The OS reads "19", I'm using Cubase 3.52 on a Mac Performa, using an Opcode Translator Pro interface. The Super Bass Station is in normal mode. I have a few other modules that don't have this note sticking problem when playing the same part and I have gone as far as taking them all out of my setup to see if the Bass Station would still stick. It did.Thanks for your help.

Message 4/9             05-Nov-98  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: super bass station sticking notes

x2c4nrg

My Bass Station does the same thing, but only sometimes. I use it with my ASR-10. Yeah, the last note will stick and I have to pull the power cord out of the back just to get it to stop. ???

ReZo-99

Message 5/9             05-Nov-98  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: super bass station sticking notes

Phill

Basstation-

Try using it at the front of the MIDI chain. i.e. on the outpt of the interface.

Phill@novation

Message 6/9             10-Nov-98  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: super bass station sticking notes

chertzy

aaah very clever......

I thinl I'll try that too.............

Message 7/9             10-Nov-98  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: super bass station sticking notes

Phill

It should not exibit the problems you are having.

The reason I specified placing the SBS at the head of the MIDI chain is that some modules do not traslate MIDI info quick enough...This is not that common but it could be the cause...

Please advise..

Phill@Novation

Message 8/9             10-Dec-98  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: super bass station sticking notes

rasta

I get the same thing, sticking notes, on my superbassstation
It seems to lose the cutoff & resonance controller signals from the pc changes it's sound to a very muffled sound then sticks. I then have to switch off
It is at the front of the chain
I am using Cakewalk 6, Windows 95, on a pentium p200-mmx. The SBS OS reads 19.
Another thing, I can trigger a bank change from my pc but it always changes the program to 000 whatever number I try to change it too
Help!! These things are doing my head in!!!

Message 9/9             04-Jan-99  @  11:22 AM   -   RE: super bass station sticking notes

thomas-schreiber

the problem can be solved very easily. first of all get a "shop bought" product. i have tried a crack vst version, and it also let my SBS stick with the note(my nord lead stucks too!). i've bougt a version of vst, and it works fine now. second, if you´re so unlucky to press stop at the EXACT same time that note stops, the note will not stop. this is a novation bug, and it happens to all the people i know. if you open an editor window in your sequencer, and try to stop the note at the end of the note, you'll see that i'm right.

permaphrost

minimalistica@static.dk
www.static.dk/minimalistica

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)