aaa Battle of the big dogs - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Battle of the big dogs

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             05-Nov-98  @  04:21 PM   -   Battle of the big dogs

ReZo-99

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

So who do you think would win in a battle between the Future Retro 777 and the Novation Supernova? I own a Bass Station and a 777, and what I want to know is...should I have just bought a Supernova instead? I dont know cause the 777 can do some serious acid. Check it out @ www.angelfire.com/biz2/futureretro...I think thats it. Im not dissing Novation cause I love my Bass Station, but it doesn't have the sequencer with accents, slides, up, and down like the TB 303 and 777. I know it runs with a midi sequencer and its not supposed to be a 303, but its still hard to get that sound. I just use my Bass Station for strings and deep basslines and I use my 777 for the actual acid bassline, cause it can identically duplicate the TB-303. So where would the Supernova fit in? Can you get it to sound like a TB (with the accents, etc.)? The bass Station can get kinda close but no cigar. I dont really need the TB sound but Im just curious. Im sure it can do the Crystal Method type synth lines, right? Cause those are the sounds Im looking for. Too bad its its a bit pricy though, for that price I should be asking if I should buy a Supernova or an E-Synth. I know the E-Synth is digital but it has some super fat basses, drums and wierd trancy sounds in it. An opinion is strong...and dont just say the Supernova cause its a Novation site, but give me an honest opinion.

ReZo-99

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             05-Nov-98  @  09:15 PM   -   RE: Battle of the big dogs

Phill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey I'm not gonna say that the Supernova is the dogs bollocks...but I am selling a lot of older stuff cos of it...

I would say that it can do 303 well...yep it is a bit pricey but you dont have yo multitrack...you can run live coes of the FX structure. "One box can do many Produced things at last"

Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)