aaa Copying a whole bank of programs - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Copying a whole bank of programs

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             09-Nov-98  @  03:02 PM   -   Copying a whole bank of programs

harry.hormbrey

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the best way to copy a whole bank of sounds from one bank to another on the Supernova? For example, supposing I want to copy all my bank D programs into bank E (32 voice model) before installing the 'Sound Contest Vol 1' programs.

Actually, I've already backed up my programs to my sequencer and loaded in the new sounds, but I'd now like to load up my previous bank D sounds into bank E....is there an easy way to do this? or do I have to re-save each program into a new bank?

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks
Harry

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             09-Nov-98  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: Copying a whole bank of programs

Phill

Yep Easy...
Press Global

Dial up Sysex reception and set to "All progs to bank F" or what ever.

Any incoming bank message will go to the specified bank leaving the orig alone....BUT MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO IT INCASE YOU GET IT WRONG!!

Phill@Novation

Message 3/11             09-Nov-98  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: Copying a whole bank of programs

harry.hormbrey

Thanks for that!

Heard the contest sounds yet? To quote Charlton Heston in 'True Lies', do any of them 'blow your skirt up'?!

Regards
Harry

Message 4/11             10-Nov-98  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: Copying a whole bank of programs

Phill

Although of scottish decent...I do not wear kilts or skirts that often...

Yep there are some that I like but there are some I do not...

Pretty good show though...

Phill@Novation

Message 5/11             10-Nov-98  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: Copying a whole bank of programs

Muffy

Most of the sounds are unuseable unless you're into creating special effects for sci-fi film scores. Having said that, there are some "belters".

I'll donate a few over the weekend (no doubt somebody will think they're shite!)

I think we're all agreed that is an excellent idea that we can share these
sounds.

Anyway, its gone 11pm and I've got to get up _early_ so see ya'.....

Message 6/11             10-Nov-98  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: Copying a whole bank of programs

Mickey

So then tell us what you find good! Please vote (3 voices) for the winner-sounds (preferably on the mailing list)

Mickey.

Message 7/11             11-Nov-98  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: Copying a whole bank of programs

Harry

Just a suggestion, but instead of having a vote, why not let Phill judge the winners (assuming Phill doesn't mind!) and then he can choose which ones (if any) get included in OS3?

Voting is a nice idea too, but when is the deadline?...and presumably people shouldn't vote for their own sounds?

Just a thought.

Regards
Harry

Message 8/11             12-Nov-98  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: Copying a whole bank of programs

Phill

Sounds are a very personal thing...Some people like some things some do not...

I really dont want to judge anyones creations...cos by not picking anyone may offend...I will say though MAX POINTS to everyone for effort...As I said in the Manual, the trick is just keep trying, and above all dont be offended if someone does not like it ( That's what a producer gets paid hideous money for, he rejects things! ) just make mre and more and eventually you make a real classic...I think its a great way to learn production techniqes as well as it teaches you what sounds work and what simply dont...

ANYWAY enough rambling...

Yes I would like to use some sounds in OS3. Mickey, are all the contributors OK with this possibility and can I post it on this site as well?

PS there is a link to your site on our new site...soon.

PHill

Message 9/11             12-Nov-98  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Copying a whole bank of programs

Harry

Fair enough - I can understand why you might not want to 'pass judgement' on other people's creations (or abortions in my case!)...the reasons why I suggested it were (a) how do you choose a winner if everone votes for different sounds?! (esp. if there ain't too many votes) and (b) almost all the Supernova presets are superb - most are very usable and demonstrate the capabilities of the unit quite admirably...so I thought you would be a good person to select, say, your favourite three sounds. Still...I take your point.

RE: whether it's OK to include them in OS3...I personally would feel quite honoured if one of my sounds made it into OS3 and I'm sure the other contributors would feel the same way.

Regards
Harry

Message 10/11             13-Nov-98  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: Copying a whole bank of programs

Phill

Keep it comin....

Sounds are very personal, and sometimes apply to only certain musical contexts..This in no way means that some sounds sound better than others..but only means it worked in this particular mix...

I've already earmarked several sounds that we think we would like to use in OS3.

I would like to post all the others on our site so that those that have different tastes from ours can still enjoy all the differenet styles of sounds...

All you guys that made em...

I'll credit you on the site and post em in "Downloads"...is this OK?

PS...a list of who made what would be great...

Phill@Novation

Message 11/11             14-Nov-98  @  12:03 PM   -   RE: Copying a whole bank of programs

Mickey

I will post the list to you - privately. Please don't
release it unless the voting has stopped - we don't want to influence people  ))

Mickey.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)