aaa FM and its usefulness - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: FM and its usefulness

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             19-Nov-98  @  09:43 PM   -   Getting a grip on where you are at!

Phill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Would you like FM pianos?

Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             20-Nov-98  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: FM and its usefulness

gclutterbuck

If you mean FM as in the Yamaha DX7 sense, then some more electric piano/rhodes sounds would be nice. Also a good copy of the Super Bass sound would be very welcome.

Have you had any thoughts as to my suggestion for emulations of sounds used by famous artists i.e. Vince Clark etc.

Message 3/11             20-Nov-98  @  11:36 AM   -   RE: FM and its usefulness

Muffy

A couple more piano sounds might be nice.

This might also be a strange request - how about an analogue vocal "Aaahhh" sound. People are probably going to say "use a PCM based synth" but all the "Ooohs" & "Aaaahh" sounds on my equipment are crap. It would be nice to have one with the SNV tweakability factor.

Message 4/11             20-Nov-98  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: FM and its usefulness

Kewa

Put me down for some ooohs
and aaahs too !!!! i wouldn't mind having them as well

Steve.

Message 5/11             20-Nov-98  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: FM and its usefulness

Paul

Surely someone out there must buy a synth so that they can program sounds themselves ??

Of course it's always nice to get some new patches as this can take you in directions with an instrument that you had not realised you could go.

Message 6/11             20-Nov-98  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: FM and its usefulness

Mickey

Real FM on the SN would require that the LFO
(which can run at audio frequencies... we know this from your ad ;) frequency can be modulated by notenumber. Something for OS 4...

Mickey.

Message 7/11             22-Nov-98  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: FM and its usefulness

Phill

I started this one to evaluate if you guys use FM on other gear, ie.e Nord/Virus/JP8000/8080 for interesting sounds or for EP's. Thanks

Phill@Novation

Message 8/11             23-Nov-98  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: FM and its usefulness

Muffy

I rarely if ever use FM sounds - but then, I seem to be one of the few people that didn't rave about the DX7

Message 9/11             30-Jan-99  @  04:20 AM   -   RE: FM and its usefulness

computercontrled

Actually, i think FM would be very cool. I used it all the time on my Mono/Poly & Pro-One. I also own two TX-81Z's, so i like FM:0) Those things are crazy!! Just out of curriosity, why were some of the paramiters left out on recieving C.C.s on the original Bass Station? Not that i use them much anyway. I'm really glad you put up the C.C.s for the Drum Station. I have a V.1 with the V.2 upgrade & don't have the proper MIDI info for it. Those were exactly what i was looking for. You guys make great products, i'm very glad that that you had the dream to do so. Keep them comming. One more thing, it would be cool to make the Super Bass Station in a keyboard. Ever think of it?
-Larry

Message 10/11             30-Jan-99  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: FM and its usefulness

jim

Got FM coming out of our ears. Everywhere you look you hear FM. You want real FM get a TX802 for 250 and stop wasting valuable Nova patches on lousy over played FM sounds.
Give us real Moog base. Jupiter strings. Oberhiem brass and Craftwerk delicate lead synth sounds.
Anything but FM.

Message 11/11             31-Jan-99  @  02:40 AM   -   RE: FM and its usefulness

a wit

oh, not all those cliche'd & overused Moog bass.
Jupiter strings. Oberhiem brass and Craftwerk delicate lead synth
sounds ----- groan :-)

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)