aaa Supernova vs. Waldorf Microwave XT - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova vs. Waldorf Microwave XT

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             27-Nov-98  @  11:07 PM   -   Supernova vs. Waldorf Microwave XT

SvanteM

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just bought the Supernova, and i think its awesome!!! Some say its not phat enough, but i guess those havent turned the knobs right! I had no problem building phat sounds in just a coupple of hours playing with it.

Now to the question...
Ive read a review in a Swedish paper about the Microwave XT, and the author was truly amazed. Could it truly be better than the Supernova??? I have my doubts. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             28-Nov-98  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: Supernova vs. Waldorf Microwave XT

stevoe

I am fortunate to own both a supernova and a MicrowaveII (MicrowaveXT) without the knobs). I think they can't be compared as they both do different jobs superbly. The Waldorf sound is totally unique because of its use of wavetables. and although you can reproduce analogue sounds on it, its specialities are about weird sounds. it has a very, very in your face but warm character. I think the Supernova is awesome for totally different reasons, test out the Microwave for yourself as its difficult to put into words.

Message 3/4             28-Nov-98  @  06:38 AM   -   RE: Supernova vs. Waldorf Microwave XT

DeepBlue

I've heard the xt...it is so warm. It is sooo fat.It is orange..  The knobs are sturdy. It comes from the legendary Waldorf family of
products. It has this really cool 909 kick sound when i hears it i nearly shit my undies.

Message 4/4             28-Nov-98  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: Supernova vs. Waldorf Microwave XT

stevoe

err.. yeah, thats a better way of describing it. Stomach churning Sub, makes you shit your crackers. The Supernova's pretty good as well, but a bit easier on your washing machine.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)