aaa Supernova: Noisy sound on right audiochannel - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova: Noisy sound on right audiochannel

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             28-Nov-98  @  03:45 PM   -   Supernova: Noisy sound on right audiochannel

SvanteM

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi!

The problem ocurred when i was working with lfo1, lfo2, frequency & resonance.

S/N: 006268
Output: MASTER OUTPUT

Playing on the Supernova I suddenly i heard some noise from my RIGHT speaker. First i thought my speaker had broken. I turned of my Supernova and my stereo and tryed the sound again... Gone, then after a few seconds it came back again... What is this? The sound is very similar to a "broken" speaker, (if you play to loud with a speaker and the wire in the spool melt, you get a thin distorted sound). The strange thing was that the sound appeared randomly, but fairly often. After turning my nova on again, I selected the "ditorted" sound and there it was again... the same crashed sound. I selected some other sounds on the nova, and the "distortion" was gone. I changed to the "distorted" program, and played some more 5 min. and I didnt her it again!!!???
I know its not my speakers. Is it a bug?

Another thing... When i turned the speed knob for lfo1 & lfo2 and selecting frequency, lfo1, resonance & lfo2 in the resonance section. The speed values changed to negative random values. Everything was very wierd! I tried it over and over, the same "random" (are they random?) values appeared again. i think it was -10 & -39 or someting.

Whats happening???

By the way... I really love the Supernova. Great work!!!

//SwampMan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             28-Nov-98  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: Supernova: Noisy sound on right audiochannel

Forgot someting...

The sound in it self was perfect. The distorted sound was just abit louder than noticable, and seemed to origin from the highest frequencies.

Sorry that im not that good describing this stuff in english.

//SwampMan

Message 3/4             29-Nov-98  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: Supernova: Noisy sound on right audiochannel

SvanteM

Hi again!

Ive been playing for a coupple of hours, and I havent heard the "noice" again. Thats really good! Hope it doesnt appear again though.

For you who read this, and are considering buying one of these Supernovas, i have only one thing to say... BYE ONE!!! This peace of machine is really awesome! And if your into Trance, Goa trance, this is the ultimate machine! Its so flexible & powerful. The sound is GREAT in every aspect. For those who like Cosmosis: They used a Novation Basstation in their album Cosmology. Buy the record and listen loud! By the way... if you have the money, buy a Kurzweil k2000VP too!

//SwampMan

Message 4/4             30-Nov-98  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Supernova: Noisy sound on right audiochannel

Phill

The problem you are having may simply be overload.

If the "Level" in "Part Edit" section is set to high the "Clipping" can occur...Try setting this to a low value and the problem should disappear...

The same thing happens on Analogue stuff which is why Juno 106/Jupter8 etc have a level slider in the VCA section

Phill@Novation

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)