aaa DrumStation playing wrong.... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: DrumStation playing wrong....

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             25-Dec-98  @  12:23 AM   -   DrumStation playing wrong....

jan.ziegler

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

My drumstation sometimes sounds wrong.
First some notes: Iīve OS Ver1.3 and the Station is about 2 month old.
Iīve had another Drumstation before but then I had a problem with it and now again with the new one:
After using the Drumstation a while It may happen that some sounds if they are played together at the same time "kill" each other.
Itīs like the closed hihat stops the open hihat - but for example with the snare and the base. If I play snare+base then often the base just makes a little crack! This problem appears with several instruments..(also ride+hihat).
I gave away my first Drumstation because of this problem but now itīs happening again on my new! Whatīs going on there?
I think that I didnīt used more the 8 sounds so it canīt be a problem with the polyphony. Please help me!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             25-Dec-98  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: DrumStation playing wrong....

jan.ziegler

I forgotten something:

If this problem appears I have to switch
off the DS to get back normal function but often itīs starting again short after switching on again.
And If the problem startet also the internal DEMO sequence of the Drumstation plays wrong(some sounds kill each other when playing at the same time - they just crack on a low level)
I use CubaseVST3.501 and several other midi-synthis.

Message 3/6             25-Dec-98  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: DrumStation playing wrong....

Sonicdon

Hello Jan,

I have also a drumstation
and have the same problem
like you.
But I have it only when I
use the note-off rec with
several sounds.
And when the closed hi hat
cuts off the open hi hat
that appears to be normal
because i've already asked that here on the help forum
so you can look it up

greatings Don !!

Message 4/6             25-Dec-98  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: DrumStation playing wrong....

jan.ziegler

Thanx Don,

Iīll try to switch off the note-off rec.
This seems to be the problem īcause the problem really startet the first time when I changed the note off rec. of the open hihat.
I know that itīs normal that the closed hihat cuts off the open hihat - but this shouldnīt happen with other sounds.

If anyone has another solution for my problem or the same experiences than Don and me please write!

bYe JaN

Message 5/6             04-Jan-99  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: DrumStation playing wrong....

permaphrost

My problem is that, some times when i play back midi(for xampel a BD and some tam's and a clodes hat) the tams sometimes disappear? have anyone tried that? its very frustrating when your instrument disappear.

permaphrost

minimalistica@static.dk
www.static.dk/minimalsitica

Message 6/6             08-Jan-99  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: DrumStation playing wrong....

jjohnso8

I'm having the very same prob on my DS and have heard it has something to do with the ROM... Anyone else heard the same? What's with those hats?

Jeremy

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)