aaa analog device...digital output - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: analog device...digital output

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             13-Jan-99  @  09:58 AM   -   analog device...digital output

nihal

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi all and Phil
I would like to know if it is possible to add in the future release of the supernova or also other synt from Novation
1 a digital output optical format (adat ??)
2 a digital spdif output (pin RCA )
in order to send the signal directly in a digital device as a dmixer or a PC with the proper sound card (Event layla,SB live etc etc )

Bye Nihal

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             15-Jan-99  @  07:20 AM   -   RE: analog device...digital output

nihal

Hi

is there anybody out there ?

Thanks, Nihal

Message 3/6             15-Jan-99  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: analog device...digital output

nihal

Hi

is there anybody out there ?

Thanks, Nihal

Message 4/6             15-Jan-99  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: analog device...digital output

Harry

Hi Nihal,

I also wondered why Novation didn't add some kind of digital output to the Supernova, but I suspect the reason why was to keep the cost down. The Supernova is already quite an expensive beast and I can imagine adding either an ADAT optical out or 4 separate S/PDIF outs would significantly add to the price. It would have been nice to have digital outs as an optional extra though...

On the positive side though, the Supernova does have exceptionally clean outputs, so I don't think it's such a big issue - the fact that it has 8 separate outs is much more important to me than having digital outs.

Regards
Harry

Message 5/6             16-Jan-99  @  10:10 AM   -   RE: analog device...digital output

Mickey

I donn't think that an additional SPDIF Output would have made the Supernova much more expensive, considering that the Supernova calculates its sound already completely within the digital domain. The SPDIF Output could have been simply connected between the CPU and the DA converters. But since SPDIF Output without a possibility to synchronize it to a master wordclock in a digital environment is useless, it had been required to add some kind of slave-synchronization which would have increasead the complexity and the costs a lot.

Message 6/6             20-Jan-99  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: analog device...digital output

Phill

Thanks for the feedback.

Phill@Novation

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)