aaa BS Bugs - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: BS Bugs

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             18-Jan-99  @  02:59 PM   -   BS Bugs

joe

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

FILTER SECTION If you flick ModSource switch from LFO to Env2 synth behaves as if switch still at LFO *unless* you zero ModDepth dial b4 flicking from LFO to Env2

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             18-Jan-99  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: BS Bugs

joe

OSC 1-2 MODULATION SECTION Setting PWM Source switch to LFO seems to select a 1Hz LFO completely independent of the LFO represented by the flashing LED in LFO section.

Message 3/7             18-Jan-99  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: BS Bugs

joe

Sometimes my BS goes quietish and does not get back to normal volume unless I change a setting to make it louder (eg Sustain or Res) in which case I can place that setting back and play BS again at normal volume. Is this a bug or is my BS fkt?

Message 4/7             20-Jan-99  @  11:42 AM   -   RE: BS Bugs

Phill

These may be bug's but I have not noticed them and lot's of other people have not reported similar things...it may be faults in your unit or you may be sending controllers that alter values of parameters via midi. test in a simple setup...i.e. no sequencer just keyboard and rack to evaluate if it is sequence data or not...then we can move forward.

Phill@Novation

Message 5/7             23-Jan-99  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: BS Bugs

message to net horse.
with reference to joe@taz.net.au, on the later versions of the BassStation (1.6 onwards),the LFO and ENV amount are MIXABLE, i.e. if you set the LFO depth to say +1, when you flick the switch to ENV the LFO depth you have just set will still be present allowing you to mix in some ENV depth as well.Therefore to turn off any ENV or LFO mod, firstly select the parameter and then zero as you have mentioned, which basically means that this is not a bug! but a software feature.

Message 6/7             23-Jan-99  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: BS Bugs

another message to net horse. Following on from last message the PWM LFO IS independent of the variable LFO found on the left of the BS next to the memory switch and unfortunately you cannot change the speed of the LFO for the PWM unlike on the Super Bass Station. Tip on the final bug - make sure you are not sending out a default volume message which may cut your volume to about half.

Message 7/7             23-Jan-99  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: BS Bugs

final message to net horse, first answer was slightly wrong should have said sofware versions 1.7 and 2.7 (both of these are the same software version - diff chip) which is the latest BS software version.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)