aaa BassStation rack/MOTU Flyer probs - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: BassStation rack/MOTU Flyer probs

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             21-Jan-99  @  07:49 PM   -   BassStation rack/MOTU Flyer probs

blackwings99

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm having serious problems with getting my BassStation rack to respond to any MIDI at all sent from my MOTU PC MIDI Flyer. All the software (Logic, Cakewalk, Seq-303 and others) behave properly, that is they record and play back things input from my master keyboard.
The interface shows every sign of transmitting and receiving like it should, but the BassStation remains a mute. If I connect the keyboard straight to the BassStation, everything works just fine.
I've checked all the MIDI connections, the receive and send channels, all the preferences and selections in the software and the communication mode of the LPT port (which the Flyer is connected to).
Do you know of any kind of incompatibility with the Flyer? Is there any secret tricks not mentioned in the manual ('cause I'm pretty sure I've read everything in there)? Any suggestions at all?
I've had a lengthy correspondence with the helpful people MOTU's tech support, but I think they're beginning to get as puzzled as I am.
My serial number is kinda low (I think), 0003662, so maybe there's something wrong with the first modules manufactured?

Thomas Winther, at his wit's end

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             25-Jan-99  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: BassStation rack/MOTU Flyer probs

Phill

This is wierd...
Have you checked with another module/synth that they respond to MIDI messages from the MOTU flier?

If this works try running the BassStation via the THRU on this module

Please advise

Phill@Novation

Message 3/3             05-Feb-99  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: BassStation rack/MOTU Flyer probs

blackwings99

Woohoo!
I finally had the time to try your tip, and it worked like a charm! Running the Flyer's output through my reverb convinced the BassStation to accept it wholeheartedly. The Flyer also responds to the BassStation output, even though there are no "mediator" between them in that direction.
Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Thomas Winther

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)