aaa NPRN controller changes ???? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: NPRN controller changes ????

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             26-Jan-99  @  12:18 PM   -   NPRN controller changes ????

richard.munoz

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have just bought a supernova, and as can be imagined I want to use the controller changes from cubase to bring it to life. However, the manual seems to be somewhat unclear as to how to implement the NPRN controllers. All it sais it gives me is " NPRN Map (CC98)" then a list of all the controller change numbers for this. What I dont understand is how I enter values for say eq treble. is it cc 98 - value 107 for treble. If so how do I set the actual value of the treble parameter? Is that on CC99? and as to the NPRN 0 and 1 maps, well I really am lost now. Is I enter 0 or 1 as a CC they correspond to Bank MSB and mod??? Perplexed? at a loss....
Even the MC 303 is clearer than this!
ie 98 - (switch on controller)
99 - (depth etc)
Please help!
Love this machine by the way......

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             27-Jan-99  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: NPRN controller changes ????

Kinetik

Hi Richard,

I'll do my best to try and explain how NRPNs work on the SuperNova :

On the SuperNova, NRPN parameters are always altered by using TWO controllers. CC98 (NRPN LSB)is used to select which NRPN is being used followed by CC6 (DATA ENTRY) to send the actual data values for the NRPN parameter.

If for example, you wanted to set 'EQ Treble' to 88, you would send :

CC98 (NRPN LSB SELECT)
107 (Controller data - EQ TREBLE NRPN)
CC6 (DATA ENTRY)
88 (Controller data)

Some NRPNs have multiple uses (depending on which data value is sent to them). These are NRPNs 0, 1, 84, 109 & 110.

If for example, you wanted to set 'Arp Gate Time' to 25%, you would send :

CC98 (NRPN LSB SELECT)
1 (Controller data - Packed NRPN 1)
CC6 (DATA ENTRY)
5 (Controller data - Arp Gate Time 25%)

Some makes of MIDI Equipment use an additional controller (CC99 - NRPN MSB SELECT) to specify which NRPN is being selected. The SuperNova does not currently transmit/recognise CC99.

Hope this helps !

Message 3/6             28-Jan-99  @  02:05 AM   -   RE: NPRN controller changes ????

anonyrat

I am a new Supernova user (3 days) and I am impressed. The sonic quality is stunning, I heard deep bass that was loud and clear never heard on my speakers with such clarity.
BTW think the presets are very lame considering the quality of individual programs and the number of arppegios etc. 3/10 must try harder.
Now the question in the area of controllers - On all my other synths cutoff and reso are 71 and 74 but on this machine 105 and 106 why?
2nd BTW - I am working on PC1600x maps anyone done any yet?
3rd BTW - Phil, I like your and Novation's interaction with the users. Is it possible to put the factory names of programs and performances in text form, as a list, on this site? I downloaded an Emagic environment editor from Harmony Central and thanks to a chap in Spain imported the program names, no performance names, however I can type those - only 60.. but when OS 3 comes out with new programs I will need the new names. Just a thought.

Cheers Spike (From OZ)

Message 4/6             29-Jan-99  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: NPRN controller changes ????

richard.munoz

Ahhh! Now I see it! the 0 and 1 values are not controller values but the cc 6 is on those that have 98 - 01 and 98- 00. The actual controllers are switching things on or off in here, but ARE adding values to the controllers in the other cases where actual parameters are requierd (as in treble levels). Thanks for helping me out! I can sleep now!

Message 5/6             29-Jan-99  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: NPRN controller changes ????

anonyrat

Also to expand on those examples by Kinetik for anyone using a PC1600x, as I had to think about this (it hurts).

Set up a string as follows to set ARP Oct Ranges:
B0-gc 06 pr B0-gc 62 6D
The gc is a global channel and the pr is the fader value (which is set to min 1 max 4)
The 06 is CC 6
The 62 is CC 98
The 6D is NRPN 109

The 6D can be changed to 6E which gives access to map 110

Hope this helps someone

Spike

Message 6/6             29-Jan-99  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: NPRN controller changes ????

anonyrat

Also to expand on those examples by Kinetik for anyone using a PC1600x, as I had to think about this (it hurts).

Set up a string as follows to set ARP Oct Ranges:
B0-gc 06 pr B0-gc 62 6D
The gc is a global channel and the pr is the fader value (which is set to min 1 max 4)
The 06 is CC 6
The 62 is CC 98
The 6D is NRPN 109

The 6D can be changed to 6E which gives access to map 110

Hope this helps someone

Spike

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)