aaa [SN]: Is this an old problem? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: [SN]: Is this an old problem?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             04-Feb-99  @  03:19 AM   -   [SN]: Is this an old problem?

anonyrat

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

If this has been mentioned before, i appologise in advance.
I am in Logic and have selected for example a bass sound on part 2. I play the notes on the keyboard and I do not like the sound. So I press the Demo/Finder key on the Supernova and select bass and then nudge to the next and the next until I get to bank D - it will not get out of bank D unless I a) turnoff/on the SN or b) click on the logic track to select another bank.

Any ideas??

Spike

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             04-Feb-99  @  09:05 AM   -   RE: [SN]: Is this an old problem?

Kinetik

Are you using OS Version 2 ?

Message 3/7             06-Feb-99  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: [SN]: Is this an old problem?

Spike

Yes I am

Message 4/7             08-Feb-99  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: [SN]: Is this an old problem?

Kinetik

I don't quite understand why or how you are using Logic to do this.

Does this problem still occur when you use the SuperNova finder manually from the front panel and it is totally unconnected to your computer ?

Message 5/7             09-Feb-99  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: [SN]: Is this an old problem?

Spike

I appreciate your interest in this.
Let me explain like this, and I assume you understand Logic.
The SN is connected both in and out via MIDI and set up in the environment of Logic with the correct bank change settings. I have Logic bank 0 as SN Perf. bank A and Logic bank 1 as SN Perf. bank B and Logic bank 4 as SN Program bank A etc. For simplicity let us say that I have one other instrument set up in an environment called JV-1080.
Now I hightlight the track called SuperNova which is set to channel 2 Bank 0 Program 0 (I am not near the M/C but let us say this equates to "Neuroglider") Logic will show 0 0 in the left pane. Now press Finder on the SN for that part (MIDI 2) and it will say the type ie. SFX (example only)and program "Neuroglider" press the lower nudge buttons and it will find the next SFX - say program 27 JoeBlow. In Logic it will have updated the left pane to reflect this and will show 0 26. So far so good. Keep nudging and MY display goes to Dnnn (nnn is any number) not Bnnn. Once in Dnnn nudging up or down will not get out of D bank. The only way is to do one of two things; a) click on the Logic track and this resets it to Annn or b) select the JV-1080 and then it seems to unlock the SN front panel and you can nudge out of Dnnn.

Bit long but hope this helps

Spike

Message 6/7             13-Feb-99  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: [SN]: Is this an old problem?

Kinetik

Sorry it's taken me a little while to get back to you on this.

When the SN's finder is used, the machine transmits relevant Bank select and Program Change messages whenever a new program is 'found'. I suspect this is being 'echoed' back to the SN and somehow causing problems (perhaps Logic is not re-transmitting the Bank select message). This problem can probably be fixed by either removing the SN's MIDI OUT lead or disabling Logic's 'soft thru' (or equivalent) while using the finder.

It is also possible that this problem is related to another similar problem which has been fixed for OS3.

Message 7/7             14-Feb-99  @  02:43 AM   -   Supernova Won't Work Need HELP!

lockett

I bought this Supernova a bought 2 weeks ago,Now it has just crashed and at power up it flashes weird caracters etc.I'm in a real bind as I just got done programming programs and there all lost.I use this on a TV show here in L.A. called "7 Days" for Paramount Pictures and now I'm F--ked,How can I get tech support? you don't even have such a listing on this damn site.Anybody who can help ,I'd greatly appreciate it
Thanks Tommy Lockett

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)