aaa Product stability / ROMs / PSUs - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Product stability / ROMs / PSUs

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             05-Feb-99  @  05:02 PM   -   ROMs, PSUs for BS-Rack / Drumstation Stability

bbl3176

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am the somewhat happy owner of a BS-Rack.

It has this (common I guess) problem where it sounds like the unit misses a note-release message from the sequencer. It still receives note-on messages from the sequencer and plays them, but it portamento's from this stuck note. Sometimes it loses the filter setting, and/or changes to another program!!

I understand, that these issues can be related to the placement in the midi-line, but I still have these problems when its in front (reduced though).

So my questions regarding the BS-Rack are the following:

1. Which ROM version is the latest & can I check my current version?
(if its not possible to do that, then I can say it was bought 3 years ago)

2. My PSU is a Novation PSU2, is this the right for my BS-Rack?

Please don't tell my to buy another midi adapter...I have experienced it with several quality midi cards.

Now it's time for my intention of purchasing a Novation DrumStation..

A friend of mine has a DrumStation but he has one seriuous problem with this in every other aspect fine machine:

Sometimes when you do a drum pattern, where to instruments play at the same time, one of them well be cut out or be pitched down a very weird manner. I believe I tried that a clap on the same beat as a kick, would make the kick pitch down an octave or 2!!

Please give me some info about this...if it is solved, and with which version of the OS? I don't won't to buy it if I risk to run in to this. (I saw some other postings about this in some Drumstation plays weird thread)

Thanks Phil,

Asger

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             05-Feb-99  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Product stability / ROMs / PSUs

bbl3176

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I must add, the DrumStation is not a V2...is the only difference between 1 & 2 a ROM upgrade?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)