aaa Supernova..Great Synth..But..... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             06-Feb-99  @  11:53 AM   -   Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

morb999

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Hi.

Ive recently bought a Supernova for use in my band.....I am very impressed with it, it sounds great...but..I dont know if this is my imagination but the arpeggiator dosent seem to synch properly with an Ext midi clock...it just seems to lag a bit....anyone else had this prob.

Morbius.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             06-Feb-99  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

Kinetik

Link?:  No link

You can try setting the Arp gate time to 25%. This sometimes makes a noticable difference.

Also, make sure that ENV 1 has no Attack time. Try tweaking the ENV1 Decay and Sustain controls as well.

Message 3/13             06-Feb-99  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

brian

I haven't noticed sync problems with the arp. But on a related note, the delay when synched to either internal or external tempo will give clicks that ruin any line I would wish to record. -Useless-   And I have OS version 2 installed, so it is still not fixed from Ver 1. At least that's the case on my unit. Anybody else have this problem?

Message 4/13             06-Feb-99  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

kevin

Yes, I've noticed a lag in
the ARP *and* in the LFOs when synched to MIDI clock,
but only with certain ARP
patterns and LFO settings.
I don't fully grasp the ARP
patterns yet and find that some work better for me than others. Also, if I back off the LFO depth and fiddle with other settings, they seem to fall into sync.

As a new user, I try to assimilate a synth too quickly, and when something
doesn't work as expected,
i.e., like my other synths,
I am quick to fault the new
synth. As I learn to use the
SN better, I'm finding that
most of my initial reservations about its capabilities are fading, and
that it's quickly becoming
an indispensable tool for me. I attribute much of this
to "buyer's remorse," which
is very common after a big
purchase like this.

My point is that if you give
the SN some time, I believe
you'll learn to play by its
rules, by its unique traits.
It's not without bugs, but
I think the ARP and LFOs *do* synch properly.

Message 5/13             07-Feb-99  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

kevin

Yes, I've noticed a lag in
the ARP *and* in the LFOs when synched to MIDI clock,
but only with certain ARP
patterns and LFO settings.
I don't fully grasp the ARP
patterns yet and find that some work better for me than others. Also, if I back off the LFO depth and fiddle with other settings, they seem to fall into sync.

As a new user, I try to assimilate a synth too quickly, and when something
doesn't work as expected,
i.e., like my other synths,
I am quick to fault the new
synth. As I learn to use the
SN better, I'm finding that
most of my initial reservations about its capabilities are fading, and
that it's quickly becoming
an indispensable tool for me. I attribute much of this
to "buyer's remorse," which
is very common after a big
purchase like this.

My point is that if you give
the SN some time, I believe
you'll learn to play by its
rules, by its unique traits.
It's not without bugs, but
I think the ARP and LFOs *do* synch properly.

Message 6/13             07-Feb-99  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

Mickey

Yo Brian, occasional clicks with synched LFOs seems to be still a problem with OS 2, even if it
is better than with OS1! I'm sure Phill & the guys looked into it - so hold your breath for OS 3!

Mickey.

Message 7/13             07-Feb-99  @  01:38 PM   -   RE: Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

brian

Hey Mickey, did you mean synched arps? 'Cause that's my problem, no clicks with synched LFO's (I think). Maybe I haven't noticed since I am such an arp junkie :^)

Brian

Message 8/13             08-Feb-99  @  08:47 AM   -   RE: Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

Kinetik

I can confirm that there will be a dramatic improvement in LFO and Delay MIDI Syncing (particularly the Delay) in OS3.

Arp processing will also be speeded up somewhat, though I personally find that the Arpeggiator syncs up fine in OS2.

Message 9/13             08-Feb-99  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

brian

Sorry to beat this one to death, Kinetik, but could you specifically mention the clicks associated with synched delay times. In other words, will the clicks be eliminated with OS3? I couldn't tell from your last post if you were addressing this problem or not. Thanks! Brian

Message 10/13             08-Feb-99  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

brian

error...error...error...
I was just reviewing all the previous posts, and on one of them, i talked about clicks with the synched ARPS. WRONG! My mistake here. I meant synched DELAY. I just wanted to clear this up, 'cause I don't want anyone who is shopping for a new Supernova to think that there are clicks associated with everything that is synched. In my case, it is just the synched DELAY. OK? Sorry for the mixup. BTW, I really enjoy my Supernova, and my ONLY complaint here is the Delay clicks.
Brian
the ARP and Synched Delay junkie :^)))

Message 11/13             08-Feb-99  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

Mickey

Yo... it hit me, too  ) When I talked
about clicks with synched LFO I meant
synched Delay!

Mickey.

Message 12/13             08-Feb-99  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

Phill

The clicks associated with synced delays should be eliminated with OS3

Phill@Novation

Message 13/13             10-Feb-99  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: Supernova..Great Synth..But.....

Kinetik

Yes Brian, I too can confirm that the synced Delay clicks should be eliminated with OS3

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)