aaa Supernova has crashed Help !! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova has crashed Help !!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             14-Feb-99  @  06:44 AM   -   Supernova has crashed Help !!

lockett

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I bought the Supernova about 2 weeks ago and now the synth is freaking out!! when powering up garbadge appears on the display,finally I got it to boot up and reset the memory back to all factory,and it works sometimes ,but it is very clichy,it won't go back into program mode after being in performance mode unless I hit bank then +1 or -1 patch,This is really F--cked,I lost all my custom sounds I had programmed.Also there is no tech support number at this web site that I can find,I live in LA so any help or thoughts of what I might be able to do would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Tommy lockett

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             15-Feb-99  @  02:48 AM   -   RE: Supernova has crashed Help !!

jason

I have the same problem with the performance mode, once it is there it doesn't want to go back to program mode. I also would like to add that even though I love my supernova, and I think it sounds great, I find it a bit disturbing that novation finds time to develop a new product (nova) when the other one (supernova) wasn't fully.

Message 3/6             15-Feb-99  @  04:02 PM   -   RE: Supernova has crashed Help !!

Phill

Are you suggesting that we sould not develop any more products?

Yes of course we will continue to support Supernova...It just happens to be our flaggship!!!!!!

I have not heard of this problem before. You two seem to be isolated cases.

I feel it is caused by some hardware fault and reccomend contacting Novation USA so we can sort it out....Maybe you should have done this when you first noticed it?????

We will sort it out for you.
Cheers

Phill@Novation

Message 4/6             16-Feb-99  @  06:13 AM   -   RE: Supernova has crashed Help !!

kevin

Well, mine crashed on me a
few minutes ago and, while
I didn't lose the entire
memory contents, I *did* lose the stuff I was working
on, which is a bummer.
Everything looked normal,
but nothing worked. It was
locked up. It rebooted OK. I, too, love the
sound and features of the SN, except for the crashing
feature, of course.

Message 5/6             16-Feb-99  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: Supernova has crashed Help !!

Phill

Which version of OS are you running?

Phill@Novation

Message 6/6             16-Feb-99  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Supernova has crashed Help !!

kevin

I'm using OS 2. While in
performance mode, I pressed
and held 'compare,' then turned the reverb level knob to see where it was set.
That's when it locked up. I
haven't tried yet to repeat
the lock-up, though it might
be interesting to see if it's repeatable.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)