aaa SN - Stereo/mono outputs with FX - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SN - Stereo/mono outputs with FX

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             04-Mar-99  @  04:39 PM   -   SN - Stereo/mono outputs with FX

mikec

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Bit of a problem.

I'm using 7 parts in a performance.

I want to send different parts to different outputs.

For one sound, for example, I'm only using chorus. However, I've panned the sound to the left, but chorus cannot be panned so I'm wasting a whole channel.
Same with the delay and the reverb - I can't have them in mono. Even at 1:1, the delay output is panned to the centre.

Is there any way around this?

Can it be fixed for OS3?

One more thing....if something is panned fully left, it comes out clean. But if something is panned fully right, there is a slight bleed in the left channel.

MikeC

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             05-Mar-99  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: SN - Stereo/mono outputs with FX

cackirk

Link?:  No link

Having Effects on every part is great, but if you want to use more than four parts then some parts must obviously be mono. However, with the effects setup on the Supernova as it is at the moment, to have a part sent to a single output, you have to turn off the Reverb, Chorus and Delay, as these effects are stereo only.

It would be really useful if you could have a mono delay that could be panned to a single output. Although currently you can make the delay mono by setting the stereo width parameter to 0 it is panned centrally and appears at both outputs. A mono Chorus effect would also be very useful for the same reason. Obviously the Reverb would have to be turned off as it can only be a stereo effect. Having a mono delay and chorus would greatly enhance the flexibility of the instrument.

There are two other enhancements that could be made to the effects section. The Reverb would benefit from having a pre-delay. It would be useful if rather than using the modulation wheel to control the amount of an effect that a different midi controller could be used, to allow the effects depth to be changed independently of any other parameters being changed by the modulation wheel.

By the way I bought the Supernova a couple of weeks ago and its is a joy to use, really intuitive. Having 8 outputs with is incredibly useful. In my opinion the simplicity of the effects section is very desirable and having relatively few parameters is actually beneficial. If you need more complex effects then these can be added via an external FX unit thanks to the generous provision of 8 outputs. The Supernova is a great example of technology that allows you to get on with making music without getting in the way.

Message 3/3             09-Mar-99  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: SN - Stereo/mono outputs with FX

Phill

Link?:  No link

There is no plan to make mono effects at the monent...

The way it works at present is standard for almost all equipent...

Mono FX on each channel would require almost twice the DSP erg...cos you have to have twice the DSP processing per part and twice the RAM for FX...

I have had this request occasisionally...

Would you wear the 30-40% price increase for this feature?

Phill@novation

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)