aaa Arpeggiator Latching Problem !!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Arpeggiator Latching Problem !!!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             04-Mar-99  @  05:08 PM   -   Arpeggiator Latching Problem !!!

morb999

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Hi.

Ive had my Supernova for about a month and I love it to bits, but, I have a problem with the Arpeggiator.

I am setting sync to external and switching the latch on, then in my sequencer I start the arpeggiator going about 24 bars in by playing a note. So far so good. When my sequencer stops so does the arpeggiator which is also good. My problem is that when I start the sequencer again from the beginning the arpeggiator kicks in straight away without waiting for the triggering note!!!.

I have tried switching key-reset on but that made no difference. I have to switch my SN off and on again to clear it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
MORBIUS

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             05-Mar-99  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: Arpeggiator Latching Problem !!!

Kinetik

Link?:  No link

The Arpeggiator latch function always remembers which notes are held until (a) new notes are played (b) the latch is turned OFF or (c)the latch type is set to PATTERN in which case the note list is cleared when the end of the Arp pattern is reached.

If your sequence always requires the Arpeggiator to kick in at a certain point (say 24 bars in) the best way to implement this would be to always have the Arp latch set to OFF and include your 'triggering note' in your sequence, simply making sure that it is held down continuously while you want the Arpeggio to be sounding. As soon as the 'triggering note' is released (at the end of the sequence), the arpeggio will stop and will not start again until 24 bars in the next time the sequencer is started.

Message 3/6             05-Mar-99  @  10:41 AM   -   RE: Arpeggiator Latching Problem !!!

morb999

Link?:  Link

Thanks for your help.

I will use the method you mentioned, cheers.

MORBIUS

http://members.aol.com/iotrecords/morbius

Message 4/6             05-Mar-99  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: Arpeggiator Latching Problem !!!

SPIKE

Or..

Start recording at the 23rd bar and press the latch key - this will be recorded if you are connected ok. Unlatch at the end of your sequence.

Spike

Message 5/6             06-Mar-99  @  02:04 AM   -   RE: Arpeggiator Latching Problem !!!

kevin

I have a problem with the arp missing the 1st note of the pattern. I record a note-on at the desired point, but the arp never plays the 1st note. Every time the arp loops, it also misses the 1st note. Do I
have something set wrong?
Thanks.

Message 6/6             08-Mar-99  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: Arpeggiator Latching Problem !!!

Kinetik

Kevin :

Maybe you're using the Arpeggiator in Performance Mode ? If so, your problem may be due to the 1st note falling outside the Part's note range. Adjust the Part note range parameters accordingly and all should be fine.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)