aaa Any thing NOT wrong with SN? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Any thing NOT wrong with SN?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             08-Mar-99  @  10:20 PM   -   Any thing NOT wrong with SN?

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What happened to the good old days before the Internet, when synth manufacturers build and sold systems with no bugs? And if there was an upgrade or change to specs, it was mostly due to IC improvement. Never had to worry about logging on to see when the next list of bug fixes will be available. And you spend the time making music instead of getting annoyed about the noises or clicks or other problems that shouldn't be there in the first place. I guess every body had higher standards back then. Both the seller and the buyer.
Oh well……….

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             08-Mar-99  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: Any thing NOT wrong with SN?

Mickey

Think of it the other way round. If there's no forum for you, there's no need (and no chance!) to express your wishes. The Supernova has not (well... not much) more bugs than many other software based instruments currently on the market. But despite of the big players, Novation listenes and improves their instruments.

Mickey.

Message 3/6             08-Mar-99  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: Any thing NOT wrong with SN?

kevin

Yea, the "good old days" were pretty shi_ty in my
opinion. Bug fixes (if there *were* any fixes) required costly IC replacement, and it was pretty certain that
significant upgrades weren't
going to happen. There's plenty to love about the SN,
not least of which is its
flash ROM OS. Maybe it *was* released a little early, but at least Novation (unlike Roland and their ilk) care enough to listen to us and continue making improvements. I agree that
it's frustrating when something doesn't work right, but I still believe
that Novation will get this
box perfected.

Message 4/6             09-Mar-99  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: Any thing NOT wrong with SN?

I wasn't slamming the Novation. In fact I think they have the balls to post this forum. Unlike others.
I'm talking in general. It seems that every synth I've purchased in the mid to late 90's has had to have some kind of upgrade. Always something to download which is good I suppose considering the cost. All the synths and drum machines that I got in the 80's are still going strong with no upgrade. That all…

Message 5/6             09-Mar-99  @  05:39 AM   -   RE: Any thing NOT wrong with SN?

kevin

Yea, I understand what you
mean. I wasn't trying to
slam you, either.

Message 6/6             10-Mar-99  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: Any thing NOT wrong with SN?

Phill

We love the contact...

Yeah I have loads of old gear from those days...almost all of them have some really annoying wart...almost all of them never had an upgrade to fix it...all of them would require pulling to bits to install any ugrade if they ever released one...all of then are technically quite simple machines and the code is fairly simple...but I do love em cos sometimes the Roses outshine the warts.

Phill@Novation

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)