aaa Bass Station MIDI Program Ch - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Bass Station MIDI Program Ch

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             09-Mar-99  @  08:15 AM   -   Bass Station MIDI Program Ch

davidewing

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is it possible to send a out a program change command from a BassStation keyboard via MIDI?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             09-Mar-99  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: Bass Station MIDI Program Ch

kilo

yes....

Message 3/12             11-Mar-99  @  07:04 AM   -   RE: Bass Station MIDI Program Ch

davidewing

How? It looks from the light my sequencer that the bass station is transmitting MIDI info from certain knobs like cutoff frequency, but not from others like the Memory dial. Thanks for any advice.

Message 4/12             18-Mar-99  @  07:01 AM   -   RE: Bass Station MIDI Program Ch

davidewing

Hi, can anyone answer my question??

Message 5/12             18-Mar-99  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: Bass Station MIDI Program Ch

As Kilo indicated the answer has already been given...it is the second comment on this tread...YES.

Message 6/12             19-Mar-99  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: Bass Station MIDI Program Ch

davidewing

OK, I will repeat my question, third comment on this thread:

"How?"

Message 7/12             22-Mar-99  @  06:06 AM   -   RE: Bass Station MIDI Program Ch

In your sequencer, there should be a section in
which you can edit events,
send a program change message to the bass station
with the number value one number higher than the one you wish. do this on beat one of when you want it to change.

Erik/Terminal 46
email:
drain@io.com

Message 8/12             25-Mar-99  @  06:30 AM   -   RE: Bass Station MIDI Program Ch

davidewing

Thanks for your reply. My question was about sending, not receiving, program changes. Below is the exact wording of my original message:

"Is it possible to send a out a program change command from a BassStation keyboard via MIDI?"

I first posted this in December and have been unable to get an answer. I have misplaced my manual, so I think I will order another, but the info might not be in there either.

Message 9/12             25-Mar-99  @  03:33 PM   -   RE: Bass Station MIDI Program Ch

Punter

oh for gods sake....... this question was answered already once.... try the chat search.... but simply... notice the keys marked.... LOAD - MEMORY - SAVE...
SELECT A SOUND.... SAVE IT TO A PATCH..... SET THE BS TO UTILITY MODE - KEY'B...... set the sequencer ibnto record... hit the SAVE and it sends the patch over to the sequencer track... (you'll see the seq' INPUT indicator flicker....

go into your seq' list edit... and see the sysex event... drag it to any point in the song you want the sound to change..... save sounds in sequences....

it is great... you can make the BS change sound as often as youy like.. even within a single bar it changes.... excellent.....

to save a patch before transmitting it.... switch the memory to protect-OFF..... dial the rotary switch to a choosen number.....use the WRITE key (the octave up-down keys next to the wheels....)

once saved.... turn the mem' protect ON again.... now to check the sound is saved to a dial location, turn the dial to a new number... play the sound.... different ?... switch it back again.... the new sound should be there...... if it is there... then send it over to the sequencer..... simple....

Message 10/12             26-Mar-99  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: Bass Station MIDI Program Ch

davidewing

Thanks for your explicit reply. What you are describing sounds like sending patch parameter data to a sequencer for the Bass Station to play back. That's not my question. I want to use the BS for a portable controller and send a MIDI program change to an entirely different device. Doesnt the Subject of this thread specifically say "MIDI program change"? Is this possible? Thanks again.

Message 11/12             27-Mar-99  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: Bass Station MIDI Program Ch

punter

yes ...... but it doesnt say it is NOT to tell ITSELF to patch change.. i didnt read the rest to well.... i dont think it can possible do anything more than send an up/ down via the rotary switch.. but i doubt it does...anyways... you could have checked that by now I'm sure...

Message 12/12             30-Mar-99  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: Bass Station MIDI Program Ch

davidewing

I finally found some solid information on an unnoffical Bass Station page at www.algonet.se/~thb/nbs.html

It has the midi implementation chart for version 1.4 that's probably in the manual which says it does NOT transmit midi progam changes and that it does recieve them on numbers 0-6.

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)