aaa Frankfurt Details from Phill - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Frankfurt Details from Phill

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             10-Mar-99  @  04:59 PM   -   Frankfurt Details from Phill

Phill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

A little maitenance has gone on...

You will find the site has up to date details on the Nova and Supernova V3 Spec...

Check Products/Nova & Products/Supernova for details.

Oh and while your there you may wish to see what the keyboard we were showing looks like....

I will advise tomorrow about the availability/Features of SNVOS3 Beta 1.

Cheers,
Phill

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             11-Mar-99  @  01:35 AM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

Spike

What do you mean Beta 1? I thought people had been testing a beta version. I thought we were hanging out for the real thing. If it is just beta then put the bloody thing up now as beta and I for one will test it

Spike

Message 3/17             11-Mar-99  @  03:59 AM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

Now that's funny. you're in danger talking beta Phill.

Message 4/17             11-Mar-99  @  04:06 AM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

Beta? That's the big surprise you were going to tell us about.
Should've known. After waiting all this me……………..

Message 5/17             11-Mar-99  @  04:06 AM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

Beta? That's the big surprise you were going to tell us about.
Should've known. After waiting all this me……………..

Message 6/17             11-Mar-99  @  04:08 AM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

The damn thing already has beta software in it. Its called OS2.

Message 7/17             11-Mar-99  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

Phill

Hey chill guy's...

We are going to give you extra voices on the final versiom for FREE.

We are working really hard. We are going as fast as we can.

I repeat

THIS UPDATE IS FREE.

IT HAS MANY NEW FREATURES AS WELL AS BUG FIXES.

I thought we were supporting the product.

After all the effort we have put in...please bear with us.

YOUR 16 VOICE MACHINE WILL BECOME 20 VOICE. YOUR 32 VOICE MACHINE WILL BECOME 44 VOICE.

Please read the Supernova page in PRODUCTS for details.

Cheers,
Phill@Novation

Message 8/17             11-Mar-99  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

stevoe

Some people are never satisfied! I think Novation are doing a great job with their customer support and upgrading policy, so stop your bloody whinging and try being a bit more positive..

Message 9/17             11-Mar-99  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

Steve

I agree with stevoe

Message 10/17             11-Mar-99  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

SuprSi

Link?:  Link

Me too. Just look at how crap Yamaha'a support is!!

Si.

Message 11/17             11-Mar-99  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

gfg202

I for one have to say hats off to the novation guys
for being so responsive (like having this forum) and doing so much to
support their gear... I just went out and bought myself a supernova today based in no small part
on the committment shown by Novation... I can't wait to download os3, even if it is a beta...

Message 12/17             11-Mar-99  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

Phill

Thankx for all the support...a little bit O Positive goes a long way!!!

Cheers,
Phill@Novation

Message 13/17             11-Mar-99  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

Muffy

Phil (& all the Supernova development team),
What ever anyone says, you should all be very proud of yourselves - for not only developing the best synth ever (IMO) but also, for giving the competition a well deserved kick up arse!

Message 14/17             11-Mar-99  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

Yeah, yeah, we all know Novation is great for putting this forum up and all that. but, let's not forget
That the users are debugging the SN for Novation and they are saving $$$$ letting you do the work. So all this free OS and extra voices are just result of user work and least you can expect for putting up with a
bug infested synth.

Message 15/17             11-Mar-99  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

Mickey

Why do you post anonymous ? I think everyone here has an open mind for criticism... but it's not very polite to remain anonymous.

Mickey.

Message 16/17             11-Mar-99  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

stevoe

It is safe to say that wherever you go there is always someone who just can't be pleased or happy with anything that is on offer.

FACT 1: There are one or two small bugs with the Supernova, but nothing that is so serious to call it bug-ridden.

FACT 2: It has to be without any doubt; the best invention since the wheel!

FACT 3: It is almost future proof because of the upgrade policy that Novation have adopted.

FACT 4: Anyone who can't give any positive critisism toward the Supernova and just slags off everything about it, is just a Whinger pure and simple...

From Steinberg to Novation, probably the two companies that have the most incredible products on the "music making" market have their share of moaners whenever there is an upgrade on offer. I believe that these people don't know what they really want from their gear.

Message 17/17             12-Mar-99  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: Frankfurt Details from Phill

punter

yeah... but the difference is that Steinberg hide themselves away & don't offer decent support

as for the bugs... alot of synths coming out now with upgradeable OS's have a few bugs, but with this method, at least they are Upgradeable/fixable.... Check the yammy A3000 & E5X... Both have probs, one I know of is with mounting their disk drives reliably... however, it is without doubt THE fucking A1 sampler... you cannot beleive it is so versatile when you hear an entire track done with one, fx & all.... So despite that, I'd still buy one if i had to choose a new sampler, they are untouchable in that price area.... so even a massive ww corporate can have a few glitches with new product... as for Steinberg... ahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaha !! ...

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)