aaa Noise oscillator problem - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

12-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Noise oscillator problem

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             12-Mar-99  @  03:23 PM   -   Noise oscillator problem

mike.clarke

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok. I'm making a new sound using only the Noise waveform. Now I'm trying to set it up so that moving the modulation wheel increases both the cutoff frequency and the speed of an LFO.

This works fine. However, moving the modulation wheel also decreases the pitch of the noise and I can't switch it off. I've been through all the parameters and everything regarding the modulation wheel (including the other waveforms parameters) is set to 0.

What can I do about this?

MikeC

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             13-Mar-99  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: Noise oscillator problem

fin

Hi MikeC,
I was just playing with this, are you sure that you don't have the "Soften" modulation depth for the mod wheel set?

That seems to be the main thing that the mod wheel can change on the noise characteristics.

Hope you solve it!

Fin.

Message 3/4             15-Mar-99  @  09:44 AM   -   RE: Noise oscillator problem

Phill

Check the Wheel>Soften Parameter in the Osc section.

This will effect the Noise spectrum.

Phill@Novation

Message 4/4             15-Mar-99  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: Noise oscillator problem

mikec

Link?:  Link

Duh! Everything except the Wheel setting.

Thank you gentleman.

MikeC

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)