aaa New products? What about upgrades? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

12-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: New products? What about upgrades?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             12-Mar-99  @  08:33 PM   -   New products? What about upgrades?

jangley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi

I was wondering, since there seems to be a lot of effort being devoted to the development of new products, if those of us who put our faith in Novation and committed ourselves to it's groundbreaking virtual analogue synthesizer are getting left behind.

Is there ANY possiblity of upgrading the hardware of the original Supernova? I'd be really annoyed if digital I/O and audio inputs are features I could only get by buying a whole new version of this synth (who in their right mind would?)

Novation have done an excellent job in the production of the original SN, despite some of the problems with OS2, which I'm sure are being addressed as fast as humanly possible. But... has provision of upgrading the hardware that we already have been completely overlooked?

I know it's been nearly a year since the orginal came out, but I can't help feeling a bit left behind by a lack of foresight on the hardware front.

J

PS Looks like that back cover can be replaced to me. Is there something you're not telling us?

PPS Open Source would be great. I know I'd be into it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             15-Mar-99  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: New products? What about upgrades?

Phill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

There is no possibility of Hardware upgrade to include Digital I/O or Audio inputs.

Yes the back panel is removable...so is the wheel on a car...having a detachable wheel however not not mean the user can install a jet engine in the car.

On the plus side development of new products based on supernova technology means that we will further enhance the product with new features and better sounds that will work in all models.

Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)