aaa Anyone got a pulse? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Anyone got a pulse?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             15-Mar-99  @  10:48 PM   -   Anyone got a pulse?

Willy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi i was just wondering if anyone has got a waldorph (spelling?) pulse or pulse plus. I remember hearing one of these a few years ago and it sounded the business but it was like £600 for a monosynth and i didn't even have a sequencer yet. Anyway if anyone has one whats it like? Does it compliment the supernova?

cheers

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             16-Mar-99  @  12:53 AM   -   RE: Anyone got a pulse?

Stevoe

I have a pulse and I have to keep it locked up in cage with a straightjacket on, as it is a real badassed beast. In the wrong hands this monster can unleash sonics that can bring down governments and cause earth tremors. Treat it with the respect it deserves and it will repay you handsomely. It truly is a remarkable module. It definetely does compliment the Supernova which to my ears is capable of some wonderful warm sounds. If you are into the really wacky, hard as F**k sounds then there is nothing better than the Pulse. The Supernova is capable of producing similarly bizare sonics but the Pulse goes the extra mile and is capable of destroying your monitors if you unleash its full potential. **BE WARNED** the Pulse is not for the faint hearted...

Message 3/9             16-Mar-99  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: Anyone got a pulse?

Phill

Sounds like a Waldorf employee to me!!!

Yep it's good but you aint heard the Badass stuff I'm makin with the Supernova!!!

The Supernova has so many oscillators and stuff that it's really easy to make HUGENESS...but what I found when workin on the Prophecy that a MONO synth with a simple oscillator was actually exciting cos of it's simple sounds in your face...

In fact the Supernova can be really really in you face...just dont use all dem Oscillators at once...Check out Sync Skew...Wicked even on non synced sounds...This along with all the effects and many other things the Pulse does not have...

Have you als checked the SuperBassStation...

Phill@Novation

Message 4/9             16-Mar-99  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: Anyone got a pulse?

Phill

Mine is the best pulse of all...steady at about 75BPM.

Phill

Message 5/9             16-Mar-99  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: Anyone got a pulse?

stevoe

Phil,
Yes, I agree the Supernova is a capable of being a real badasse in its own right, and I can't wait to muck around with all the new and nasty little toys when you give us the OS3 (holy grail). I still think that there is nothing that is as bad as a Waldorf Pulse though and no I am not an employee of Waldorf either. It is a real analogue in the true sense of the word. I love my Supernova and I love my Pulse for totally different reasons, a bit like the difference between parental love and Lurve... or lust ...as it is more commonly known. Different, but both have a place in our lives.

Message 6/9             16-Mar-99  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: Anyone got a pulse?

>>Mine is the best pulse of all...steady at about 75BPM.

Phill

Mine stopped waiting for OS3 !!!!

Message 7/9             26-Mar-99  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: Anyone got a pulse?

lionsden

Hi Willy,
This message is for Stevoe really. I have a Pulse Plus, and am contemplating getting a SN when OS3 comes out, and I have enough dosh.
Its good to see that there other sonic animals out there other than myself, the Prodidgy ain't nothin' compared to what I've got up my sleeve!!
For Willy, I paln to use the Pulse Plus for the Earthquake and Brimstone and the SN for the Lightning and Thunder, in my tunes!!
Anyone for a nice cup of tea? Ahahahahahahah!!!

LION

Message 8/9             26-Mar-99  @  12:46 PM   -   RE: Anyone got a pulse?

Stevoe

ROOOAAAAARRRRRRRRR.........

Message 9/9             01-Apr-99  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Anyone got a pulse?

Paul

Hmm !

I am not entirly sure the above comments give much insight into the Pulse. I bought a pulse some time ago to use along side the bassstation.

The Pulse is a three oscilator analogue mono synth. It has forty user memory locations and 60 presets. selecting patch 0 also genertates a random patch with variable results.

It has a simple programming interface with just a three character display and no menus. It also has an arpgiator and syncs to midi clock. It has a stereo output but I've always used it in mono mode.

I love it ! It does make hard sounds very well and has a really great 24db oct low pass filter with truely great resonance characteristics . However it also makes great mono pads and sweeps. It's an all round great synth and I think you can pick them up for £269 which is a bargain.

You can't really compare it to the SN though. You could proably get pretty close to the sound of the Pulse on the SN but with no effects and only a single note it certainly can't copy the SN

I believe the pulse+ have a midi to CV converter and inputs to allow external input to the filter. The sound capabilities of each unit are identicle.

It is also possible to 'chain' multiple units together for more polophony much like the bassstation.

So, you certainly would not want one of these in preference to the SN but if you have an SN and a Bassstation the pulse would certainly be a great third synth.

(I don't think it would help you 'out do' the prodigy though).

PS. It distorts in a particularly pleasant if disturbing way through any Mackie consol with the input gain turned up.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)