aaa Keyboard Nova....When? ;O - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Keyboard Nova....When? ;O

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             17-Mar-99  @  04:47 AM   -   Keyboard Nova....When? ;O

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Paul,

Saw the keyboard "prototype" @ Harmony's site, so one must ask when will (or if, better be mate  the keyboard version be slated to arrive stateside?

Regards,

TranzIndental | TI

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             17-Mar-99  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: Keyboard Nova....When? ;O

Phill

Spec, Availability & Price are not available yet...Check out our NEWS page of this site for details that are available...

Looks really great in real life...I have reserved space in my studio already...

Phill@Novation

Message 3/7             25-Mar-99  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: Keyboard Nova....When? ;O

damc

I notice it mentions analog inputs on the teaser for the keyboard version. When this beast is released will we be able to feed audio into the filter and fx sections then route it to an external output, any possible vocoder features? and if this is the case, will there be some kind of hardware update for the rack supernova to allow the same? I don't own a supernova yet, hopefully will do soon, I can't wait! it doesn't have a sine wave waveform does it? just saw, square and noise? your spec's area doesn't specify this from what I can see.

cheers damc

Message 4/7             25-Mar-99  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: Keyboard Nova....When? ;O

Mickey

If this beast will be produced it surely will get the input routing facilities and the vocoder from the Nova.

The Supernova won't be upgradeable... well apart from that memory / voices expansion board.

You come pretty close to a sine-wave with the waveform "soften" parameter... so no need for a seperate one.

Mickey.

Message 5/7             26-Mar-99  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: Keyboard Nova....When? ;O

Phill

Sine wave is completeley possible with OS3...

Cheers,
Phill@Novation

Message 6/7             29-Mar-99  @  12:37 AM   -   RE: Keyboard Nova....When? ;O

deathboy2000

about the supernova keyboard's pricing whence it passes the prototype and development stages...

here's an idear.

keep the pricing comperable to the rackmount units, instead of adding a large percentage to the price.

I have always found the 'workstation costs more' tactic that many companies implement when making 'workstation'-style versions of their rackmount counterparts (Roland XP-80 and JV-1080, for example) is ridiculous, especially when you don't get too many more extra features and have to pay a premium for a controller attached to a rackmount that's been reshaped and fit in a workstation-sized box.

i realize that this is a lot to ask, considering that there'll probably be extra perks not available in the rackmount units (no fair!!), but at least try to keep pricing sane.

oh yeah, is the vocoder going to be included in the SNova II?

cheers.

deathboy 2000

Message 7/7             29-Mar-99  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: Keyboard Nova....When? ;O

Phill

Spec unavailable at present...

I will advise.

Phill@Novation

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)