aaa MPC 2000 pads - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: MPC 2000 pads

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             04-Apr-99  @  11:55 PM   -   MPC 2000 pads

justin

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is it possible to trigger the Drumstation sounds from my MPC2000 pads? I can't seem to figure out anyway to make it work, but I don't want to have to use my keyboard only. Also, is it possible to re-map the drumsounds to different areas of my keyboard? For instance, move the 808 kick drum from C2 to C5. thanks

Justin Mullens

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             05-Apr-99  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: MPC 2000 pads

kevin

>>Is it possible to trigger the Drumstation sounds from my MPC2000 pads?

On the '3000, you can assign
the pads to any note number you want from the MIDI option 1 page. I assume the
'2000 is the same. Then, on the main page, set TYPE to
DRUM and choose which MIDI
channel you want the pads to
send to. That's it.

Don't have a DS, so I can't answer the 2nd part of your question.

Message 3/3             06-Apr-99  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: MPC 2000 pads

jcap11

It should be possible; I have been able to control my BassStation from my MPC2K:
1.) In the Program menu, go to MIDI and set Local Mode to OFF. This will cause the pad data to only be sent out the MIDI out and not go to the internal sampler.

2.) In the main (sequencer) screen, move the cursor down below the track name to where it says "DRUM:OFF" or "MIDI:OFF"... (mine defaults to "DRUM"). If it says DRUM, change it to MIDI. Then, change it from OFF to the channel/MIDI output that you want (for example, 1A means you are sending on MIDI channel 1, through MIDI output "A").

You should be ready to go after doing this... in the Program menu, you can re-assign the MIDI notes to different pads, so you can essentially put together your own program on the MPC.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)