aaa SuperBS as a MIDI Controller? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SuperBS as a MIDI Controller?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             07-Apr-99  @  12:24 PM   -   SuperBS as a MIDI Controller?

jbrack

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I know that the knobs on the SuperBS are capable of transmitting MIDI controllers and would like to use the knobs on the BS to control parameters in my a3000. Can anyone tell me how this is done. YES I have read the manual, and YES I have done this before with other synths (i.e. I've gotten the a3000 bit right!)
Does the BS need to be at the front of the MIDI chain?
Someone said I'd need a MIDI Thru box - what does this mean?
Do the knobs transmit the same controller numbers that they would receive?

Thanks in advance,

James,

PS. What a lovely site you Novation Bods have come up with!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             07-Apr-99  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: SuperBS as a MIDI Controller?

Phill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The BassStation transmits controllers only from a couple of knobs...not all of them transmit controllers.

To control parameters in the 3000 they will have to be the same controllers as the knobs on the BassStation send. The BassStation has hard wired controllers for the knobs...they are not reassignable.

The BassStation has to be at the master keyboard in a typical midi setup.

Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)