aaa Klicks... bug fix in OS3? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Klicks... bug fix in OS3?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             07-Apr-99  @  03:10 PM   -   Klicks... bug fix in OS3?

SwampMan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Problem:
There are almost always a "klick" in the start of every sound im making. I have other virtual analog synhths to but none of these makes this amount of "klick".
The "klicks" get louder when i use cutoff and resonance + arpeggiator + delay.
Is this going to be sorted out in OS3?

Are there any other people with this problem?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             07-Apr-99  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Klicks... bug fix in OS3?

Phill

If the supernova has very short attack times i.e. 000 then in most cases clicks will occur...this is because the env's are so fast they open almost instantly...

This is most noticable on soft bass sounds.

Additionally for less punchy sounds set the Osc Mode parameter in Trigger menu to Ensemble instead of precussive.

In the factories I set the Attacks to a typical value of 008 and this eliminates the problem.

The speed of the env's comes into there own where you may say want an aggressive punchy lead sound & this is where attack values less than 008 come in.

Phill@Novation

Message 3/6             07-Apr-99  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: Klicks... bug fix in OS3?

phill is right. Try adjusting the attack env to were it wont click but yet still sound instant.

Message 4/6             08-Apr-99  @  09:01 AM   -   RE: Klicks... bug fix in OS3?

SwampMan

Tanks for a quick AND accurate answer  
No more "klicks" here!

THANKS!

Message 5/6             14-Apr-99  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: Klicks... bug fix in OS3?

flubber

the supernova is a great machine.well done.but there is a problem with my 32 voice,which is running the version 2 update.a nasty horrible click that seems to appear with layered effects, which include reverb.the click seems to sound through the reverb.is this fixed in the completed version 3 update.thanks for your help.

Message 6/6             14-Apr-99  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: Klicks... bug fix in OS3?

Phill

There is a click on some synced
delays with this version...

Much improved on 3beta3 and
elimimated on the final version.

Phi

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)