aaa OS3Beta3 is now in Downloads on this site - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: OS3Beta3 is now in Downloads on this site

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             08-Apr-99  @  12:04 PM   -   OS3Beta3 is now in Downloads on this site

Phill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Beta version of Supernova 3 Operating system is now on the site...I had to re-write the page to do it...

I have set up a Read me! text file button. This is not active yet...I will post the readme file on there ASAP.

Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             08-Apr-99  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: OS3Beta3 is now in Downloads on this site

stevoe

Thanks Phill, I have just loaded into my Supernova and my first impressions are really good. The FX sound fantastic, what has actually changed. The morphing feature, although I don't quite understand what I'm doing yet is pretty damn f**king excellent, quite unique and very inspiring. Good work Novation, worth the wait.

Message 3/7             08-Apr-99  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: OS3Beta3 is now in Downloads on this site

D

Thankx...
sounds better. I Don't want to be annoying but the rapid volume change problem remained.
I mean when you send cont' no' 7 rapidly changing from 0 to 127 the supernova makes horrible click. I use this effect alot on my other Synths.
Hope you can solve this.
thank you again...

Message 4/7             08-Apr-99  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: OS3Beta3 is now in Downloads on this site

Mickey

Yep - I must confirm this. Interestingly, the more bright the sound is, the less audible the click. However, it has improved: There's basically no zipper noise anymore, just one click per controller.

Mickey.

Message 5/7             08-Apr-99  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: OS3Beta3 is now in Downloads on this site

Phill

The effects section works like so...

R+C+D is the standard paralell arrangement currently in OS 2

R>C>D is a fully series arrangement where Rev runs thru to Chorus thru to
delay.

To hear this the Morph parameter must be set to 127.  If the Morph is set to
0 the config is R+C+D.
You can freely morph from R+C+D to any other config.

Morphing from any
config to any other config is not possible. R+C+D to anything else is.

R+[C>D] is a series parallel config. Reverb is a send situation and C>D is a
series situation.

There are a couple of things to remember about what the knobs do in series
and paralell configs.

IN A PARALELL CONFIG THE REV/CH/DELAY KNOBS ARE SENDS ( like on a desk )

IN A SERIES CONFIG THE REV/CH/DELAY KNOBS ARE BALANCES ( They let equal
amounts of dry stuff and effect mixed together at the 12 O-clock position )

This throws up the issue of DRY level in Pan menu.

In a series situation
this parameter should be set to off.
Add to all this the morph and things become even stranger...morph @ 64
niether of the above conditions really apply but somewhere inbetween.

There is a problem we are solving now. The Dry Level signal and signal
proccesed thru the series effects chain have a slight Phase difference so
when mixed this produces a notch in the responce.

Another problem to be fixed is the Balance control in a series config alters the
level of the entire signal and not the balance so adjusting the balance of
the last effect in the chain to fully dry will result in no sound at all.

We will have these resolved on the final version.

Hopefully I will post this and more in a document on the downloads page ASAP...

Phill@Novation

Message 6/7             10-Apr-99  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: OS3Beta3 is now in Downloads on this site

josgc

A great work has been done with os3... my first opinion about it is that independently of the voice increment, which is admirable, the sound looks brighter and has more definition, and the effects routing and morphing has made a great advance on the possibilities of this machine, so I only can give congratulations for it.
But, as this is still a beta version, in prevision on the definitive v3 there is still the fact that the clicking remains -I havenīt tested the midi gating yet, but when playing with the sn some clicks could be heard, not as obvious as before, though-, and I think thatīs the point that should be focused on for that issue.
Thanks for your support and best wishes for you all, people in novation and the helpforum fan club -the "almost-everyday-readers" whose opinions I always read wiht interest.

Cheers

Message 7/7             10-Apr-99  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: OS3Beta3 is now in Downloads on this site

Mickey

Hi, midi gating clicks are supposed to be eliminated in the final version. However, much more interestingly are very occasional clicks, which I can not really reproduce. I thought I found an issue when having autopan and synced delay enabled at the same time... but unfortunately this was wrong. I don't know how to reproduce the clicks... I know that I hear some... sometimes... :-) We surely can help Phill and the guys if we find some kind of scheme.

Can you ?

Mickey.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)