aaa Does the Supernova have the Steping problem? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Does the Supernova have the Steping problem?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             12-Apr-99  @  10:24 AM   -   Does the Supernova have the Steping problem?

Jason

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I Bought A Roland JP 8080 and later found out that it steps when you turn the knobs or push the sliders slowly. I was kinda dissapointed about that. I later found out that cus of MIDI and the knobs on my synth was made for MIDI that the MIDIed knobs were only powerfull enough to do up to 128 steps. Which mean you can only hear 128 veriations of a sound per knob or slider. It does sound smooth however when you turn the knobs quickly and that the DCO's and the LFO's are smooth no matter how fast or slow they move.

Now I want to know how well the Supernova is about this problem and does this problem happen on any other Virtual analogs?

Later

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             12-Apr-99  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: Does the Supernova have the Steping problem?

Phill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Some knobs do and some do-not.

The number that do not will be enhanced on the final version of version 3 OS.

Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)