aaa SuperBassStation: knobs not sending midi data - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SuperBassStation: knobs not sending midi data

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             12-Apr-99  @  10:37 PM   -   SuperBassStation: knobs not sending midi data

jandrews

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Using Cubase, a Midiman 3x8, a Kawai 5000S as the main board and the SuperBass Station. The connections are essentially the same as the example found on page six of the manual. When I tweak a knob, the midiTX light doesn't blink. I think that it used to. Cubase no longer records the knob movements. When I route the output of the SBS to the computer, the SBS patch number blinks repeatedly and Cubase shows that a constant flow of midi input is comming from the SBS without even touching a knob. No midi data is being filtered by Cubase. Any suggestions?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             13-Apr-99  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: SuperBassStation: knobs not sending midi data

Phill

Do the knob movements actually create a change to the sound?

Are the TX and RX channels the same?

Phill@Novation

Message 3/3             13-Apr-99  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: SuperBassStation: knobs not sending midi data

jandrews

The knob movements do properly create changes in the sound but only if the SBS midi output is not routed directly to the computer's input. If the SBS output is disconnected, the SBS functions properly. When the SBS output is sent to the computer input for the recording of knob movements, everything goes haywire. I have tried using the same RX and TX channel and different combinations. I get the same result regardless of midi channel settings.

The LED on my Midiman3x8 doesn't light up until I touch a knob, then it stays lit, even if I am not tweaking. Changing patches shuts off the LED until I touch one knob and then it is lit continuously again.
I believe that when I first hooked up the SBS, the LED on the Midiman would only light as I was tweaking, then it would shut off if there was no knob movement.

When the SBS output is sent to the computer's input during playback of a midi sequence, the SBS goes nuts, the sound transforms without even touching a knob in a very unpredictable manner. While these random changes in controller data can produce some rather mad sounds, it is making it impossible to record my own madness. When I tweak a knob during playback, I get the aforementioned random madness and my knob movements do change the sound of the random madness but it is not the result that I want. The patch number blinks repeatedly as mentioned in my first post.

Is there something wrong with my SBS? My Kawai k5000s knobs are all sending data flawlessly with the same set up. All help and suggestions are appreciated.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)