aaa Waldorf Pulse or Novation Bass Station? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Waldorf Pulse or Novation Bass Station?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             17-Apr-99  @  07:49 PM   -   Waldorf Pulse or Novation Bass Station?

pheer

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey there,
I'm wondering what y'all think - should I pick up a pulse or a bass station? I really need a dedicated bass unit, and I'm wondering which would suit dnb/trance better. I'm looking second hand, and that probably will affect my decision, considering the pulses barely EVER go on sale from what I can see, and the bass stations have dropped tremendously in price (I've seen a bass station keyboard for as little as $225 lately). So, which seems to be the best? Also, I'm wondering what the street price of these two units are new.
thanks,
tony .

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             24-Apr-99  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Waldorf Pulse or Novation Bass Station?

sdfa

yea i would like 2 know 2. how cum no1 ever answers these threads????

Message 3/9             26-Apr-99  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: Waldorf Pulse or Novation Bass Station?

Al

These questions are hard to answer...too subjective. I got a pulse, which is real nice....great for bass and some mad sounds, and really easy to use. It's got a 24 Db(?)filter, so it's not too great for 303 sounds. If you're after that go for the BS, tho this isn't just a 303 clone....someone else might be able to fill you in with more specific differences.
There aren't too many 2nd hand pulses about cause ppl like em! You can get a new one for about £240, so it's a lot cheaper than the BS. Also check out Studio Electronics ATC-1....another analog, but you can change the filter...bit more expencive tho.
All these machines will do what you're after, so it just comes down to personal preference and cash.

Message 4/9             02-May-99  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: Waldorf Pulse or Novation Bass Station?

kilo

either will do it, but the BS ets you a nice controller keyboard and lots of midi controllers too that you can re-route to other h/w or s/w synths to control send to the sequence as it plays... excellent stuff ( the BS keyboard is vel' sensitive too !) it's a snip to assign the BS midi'd control knobs to say rebirth and use it to tweak the rebirth on the fly.... so you do get all that extra with the BS.... no sub-osc tho but you get 2 osc tho - nice fat square wave basses

Message 5/9             03-May-99  @  09:58 PM   -   next q

pheer

Alright, now I'm sold on the bass station (not just for the sounds interal, although thats a lot of the reason) but it seems like it might be a nice real time controller also for my live setup (nice, small, lots of knobs.) The problem now is finding one, eh. Seems like people want $350-$450 for theirs, and like a month ago I saw them for under $250. Anyone wanna sell me one? :D
tony .

Message 6/9             04-May-99  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: Waldorf Pulse or Novation Bass Station?

kilo

yup - a classic already huh ?....

Message 7/9             07-May-99  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: Waldorf Pulse or Novation Bass Station?

pheer

I just bought a bass station rack. hooray.
now i shall have to see if it was worth the $275
tony .

Message 8/9             10-May-99  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: Waldorf Pulse or Novation Bass Station?

hybrid

Anyone heard of a Pulse system update I'm running version 2.I heard that their is a version 3.00

Cant find it !!
Please help

Thx deperate DAN

Message 9/9             03-Jun-99  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Waldorf Pulse or Novation Bass Station?

aykut

Novation can't reach Waldorf's mod. matrix.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)