aaa "Knob Mode" a la Virus - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: "Knob Mode" a la Virus

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             03-May-99  @  02:55 AM   -   a question re: parameter changes and "knob modes"

electro_alchemy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

does the Supernova/Nova have a function similar to the Access Virus, wherein you can set a knob to not alter the parameter value until its physical position reaches that value? (called "snap" mode on the Virus)
Yamaha overcame this by implementing a full range of movement on their knobs, I don't suppose the Nova adapted to this sort of layout?
this has got to be a much sought-after feature by other users as well -

~Shane

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             03-May-99  @  07:22 PM   -   RE:

Mickey

No it has not (yet). We have been requesting this feature since OS 1. See http://supernova.home.pages.de (wishlist) for our proposal.

Message 3/7             04-May-99  @  02:48 PM   -   RE:

electro_alchemy

thanx, Mickey, I appreciate the hookup...
this really is the deciding factor for me - I picked up a Virus when they first rolled off the line, but ended up having to sell it when I moved last summer - I was getting ready to purchase another one, when I heard news of the Nova - featurewise (esp. re:efx), it beats the virus hands down (it's not so clearcut, now, that the Virus has added ring mod and vocoder), but the "knob mode" really is an important feature... if anybody (Phil?) could assure me that there are plans to implement it in an os update within the near future (by summer '99), Novation would have my business in a heartbeat

~Shane

Message 4/7             04-May-99  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: Ringmodulator&Vocoder

lockett

The Virus has a ring modulator&Vocoder,also it has a Lot more waveforms than the Nova,the people at Access Keep givng the user plenty of OS updates that have made the synth even better,also they've added 2 more banks of sounds.For my 1st anolog modeling synth it was the Virus,my second was the SuperNova (which I Love as well) So good luck
Tommy

Message 5/7             06-May-99  @  08:42 PM   -   RE:

Shane

well, I seem to have received very little useful input on this issue, aside from Mickey's link (which I appreciate, very cool) - I really consider this to be an important feature, esp. for live manipulation of sound (when programs and associated parameters are being changed constantly) - as there is no indication that the Supernova/Nova plans on having this feature incorporated, I'm going this weekend to put my money down on another Virus - the Nova's an awesome little machine, but I gotta have this feature!

Message 6/7             16-May-99  @  04:29 AM   -   RE:

planetalgon

Don't forget that Access added a modulation matrix to the Virus also. The Vocoder in the Virus is incredible. It sounds fantastic when you combine it with layers of different filters. You can really patch things around so complex in the Virus that you have to make huge diagrams to keep track of it. *Unlimited Bliss*.

Message 7/7             16-May-99  @  01:53 PM   -   RE:

Mickey

When I tested the Virus, I always found it colder sounding than the Supernova... somehow cheaper. Do you have any links to MP3 files produced only with a Virus ? If it's really hot, I'd like to add it to my setup.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)