aaa Supernova Sysex Data reception problems - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova Sysex Data reception problems

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             27-May-99  @  12:28 AM   -   Supernova Sysex Data reception problems

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,
for those who have experience with Sysex-Dump from SNV to a Sequencer or specially to Phill:

Using Cubase VST PC, creating an arrangement while changing the settings of the sound I choosed.
I want to save the changed Soundsettings in the arr., so that at the start they could be loaded into the buffer ofthe SNV. I did not saved these changed sounds into the SNV, only the Sysex data of the Single programs into the arr. of Cubase.
Now for example, if I have one sysex data of a changed sound on track 1(Part 1 for the SNV) in Cubase and annother Part of the SNV is active (e.g. lamp 3 for Part 3 id lit) and I run the arr. not the first Part will be buffered it is the third that will be changed. Why ? Is the Sysex String not specified for the part in the SNV?
Understandeble? I hope, userwise I try to discribe in another way.
Thanks
Martin (mboje@wtal.de)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             28-May-99  @  09:35 AM   -   RE: Supernova Sysex Data reception problems

Kinetik

Normally, a single Program sysex dump will be loaded into the currently selected Part as described above.

However it is possible to change this by altering a byte in the sysex message. If we count the initial F0 byte of the sysex message as byte 1, then it is the 9th byte which must be altered : Normally, when a single Program is transmitted, this byte is set to the value 9. This value means "Load the Program into the currently selected buffer". Altering this value to 0 - 7 enables us to force which Performance Part receives the Program (0 = Part 1, 7 = Part 8). If we set this byte value to 8, the Program will be received in the Program Mode buffer, even if wer're currently in Performance Mode.

Novation plans to make available full Supernova Sysex documentation in the future. However, the full release of OS3 and the new Nova have a higher priority at the moment.

Message 3/4             28-May-99  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: Supernova Sysex Data reception problems

Kinetik

As an alternative :

OS3 Beta onwards enable you to select Parts via MIDI. You could simply select the required Part by MIDI (simply record the MIDI information transmitted as you select a new Part) before sending the single Program sysex dump.

PLEASE NOTE : the information in the previous posting applies only to single Program dumps, not to sysex messages transmitted when whole banks of Programs are transmitted.

Message 4/4             05-Jun-99  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: Supernova Sysex Data reception problems

mboje

To Kinetik,
thanks for the information, I looked for it and I think it works like that.
Martin

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)