aaa NOVA: Noisy outputs, spurious crackling sound - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: NOVA: Noisy outputs, spurious crackling sound

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             22-Nov-99  @  12:34 AM   -   NOVA: Noisy outputs, spurious crackling sound

ajacks

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Has anyone listened to the noticeable high noise floor on the nova's outputs? I'm getting a spurious crackling and very high noise level on a moderate gain structure.
It's possible mine has a problem but it's on all six outputs and compares really badly to my s2000 sampler, rm1x, and a series of crappy old synths I've got lying around that I pulled out to test.
BTW, all cables checked, all impedances ok, just a real (digital ?) noise problem (buzz and crackling).

Any help/advice/info much appreciated.

Cheers,

Anthony.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             22-Nov-99  @  01:02 AM   -   RE: NOVA: Noisy outputs, spurious crackling sound

psylichon

sounds like a problem with your unit because mine is cleaner than an operating room. Except the power supply induces hum when my Nova's off, but not when it's on. Weird. But when it's on, there's no noise or crackling.

peace,

psylichon

Message 3/4             22-Nov-99  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: NOVA: Noisy outputs, spurious crackling sound

Phill

Check you dont have the inputs assigned to the effects & the gain switch set to max + the gain turned up in the "Trim" page. That may explain some noise. ( Unterminated inouts with 60db gain )

If not there is probably a hardware problem.

Phill@Novation

Message 4/4             29-Nov-99  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: NOVA: Noisy outputs, spurious crackling sound

pnedito

I have often wondered why my nova sounds crackly... Until I saw this post I wasn't sure if it were something I'd done or if it was the nova... I don't run any sends into the nova so that can't be the problem... Is the gain introduced even if their isn't a physical line in... would that explain it... I had also atrributed the crackling to my ADC converters on the emu aps but the gain structure has never been this noisy. Also thought that maybe my osc mix levels were to high, but that wouldn't account for crackles because the mixing happens inside the nova... DUH! So i am at a loss here to... I love the nova, but the noise can be troublesome... am buying a new mixer just to help keep the crackles away...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)