aaa portamento problem on nova - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: portamento problem on nova

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             24-Nov-99  @  12:05 PM   -   portamento problem on nova

e.mccay

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm getting a strange problem with my nova. I have an arpeggio playing on part 5 ( midi channel 5) with portamento ( the problem only occurs when portamento is on ) . If midi notes are played on another channel, I get nasty ( popping ) noises through my arpeggio, even if the other part is muted. I have tried various combinations on the envelope trigger menu ( modes 1 & 2, glide type etc. ) but nothing seems to cure it -
any suggestions ?

Cheers

Eric

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             24-Nov-99  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: portamento problem on nova

Phill

Check the polyphony setting in part edit for part 5. In performance this is an override and so if it is set to MONO in prog mode it could be set to POLY in perf mode.

Phill

Message 3/6             24-Nov-99  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: portamento problem on nova

e.mccay

Hi Phil, really appreciate the speedy reply - however both program (B18) and part 5 are set to poly, portamento wouldn't work in mono mode anyway .

Thanks

Eric

Message 4/6             24-Nov-99  @  01:38 PM   -   RE: portamento problem on nova

e.mccay

Hi Phil, really appreciate the speedy reply - however both program (B18) and part 5 are set to poly, portamento wouldn't work in mono mode anyway .

Thanks

Eric

Message 5/6             25-Nov-99  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: portamento problem on nova

e.mccay

Set the part to mono, the noise disappears, still seems a bit isturbing though.

Cheers

Eric

Message 6/6             25-Nov-99  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: portamento problem on nova

Phill

The problem is the poly setting. If not set to mono the new note could come from virtually anywhere.

Phill@Novation

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)