aaa Possible OS3 and OS3.1 beta Bug - Ring Mod - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

22-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Possible OS3 and OS3.1 beta Bug - Ring Mod

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             24-Nov-99  @  06:22 PM   -   Possible OS3 and OS3.1 beta Bug - Ring Mod

CK

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi Phil,

I have a problem with a program that I have constructed that uses two ring modulators. The program is set up so that Envelope 2 to is routed to modulate the pitch of oscillator 3 (so that it affects both ring modulators) by +03 with envelope settings of A008 D066 S000 R048. LFO to is set to slow with a speed of around 002 and is also routed to modulate the pitch of Oscillator 3.

When the polyphony is set to polyphonic the patch plays fine.

The problem occurs when you switch the polyphony to mono. If you play a note and then try and play another note before the first has stopped sounding the pitch wobbles in a not very musical way. This occurs in both OS3 and OS3.1 beta2.

I will email you the sysex file for the patch, which should make it easier to sort out.

My other point concerns envelope triggering. I thought that retriggering meant that the entire envelope retriggered, but on the SN only the DSR part of the envelope appears to be retriggered, is this intentional? For example, take a monophonic sound with a long attack and long decay on the amp envelope, set the triggering set to multi the volume builds slowly through the attack as if triggering was set to single, but when it reaches the decay phase the envelope retriggers.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             24-Nov-99  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: Possible OS3 and OS3.1 beta Bug - Ring Mod

CK

By the way I should have stated I'm using a 20 voice SN.

Message 3/4             25-Nov-99  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: Possible OS3 and OS3.1 beta Bug - Ring Mod

p.macdonald

Link?:  Link

Send me the prog dump.

Cheers Phill

Message 4/4             25-Nov-99  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: Possible OS3 and OS3.1 beta Bug - Ring Mod

CK

Sent as requested.

Regards

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)