aaa Nova: annoying 'click' on attacks - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova: annoying 'click' on attacks

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             02-Dec-99  @  10:03 AM   -   Nova: annoying 'click' on attacks

ajacks

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm having trouble with an annoying audible 'clicking' sound on the attacks when using fast repeatative arpeggios
or when using the input stage for an audio gate fed with external sounds.
It goes away when I turn down the attack in the envelope but this defeats the purpose when I need a hard on/off sound.
Where is this 'clicking' coming from and can I get rid of it?

A.J.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             02-Dec-99  @  11:03 AM   -   RE: Nova: annoying 'click' on attacks

Phill

The Nova & Supernova's attack is lighning fast...settings of 0 will produce a click because the envelope opens so fast. this is noticable on basses especially cos to the mellow nature of the sound...solution...if you don't want the really percussive attack set the attack time to a value of 8 or so...this is still so fast your ear will think it's instant and it will smoothy ramp the sound up eliminating the click.

Message 3/3             04-Dec-99  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: Nova: annoying 'click' on attacks

ajacks

Thanks Phill. Your support and follow ups are much appreciated.

Cheers,

Anthony.

Melbourne,
Australia.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)