aaa Novation Superbasstaton a good TB-303 clone? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Novation Superbasstaton a good TB-303 clone?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             23-Dec-99  @  06:03 AM   -   Novation Superbasstaton a good TB-303 clone?

seve

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I´m looking for someone who can tell me if the superbasstation is a good buy if you wanna make som great TB-sound and if the slide function works in the same awesome way as the original

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             28-Dec-99  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: Novation Superbasstaton a good TB-303 clone?

jb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

super bass station is a synth ONLY. It has no sequencer, and as it is a rack mount, it has no keys/pads either. A lot of the features (like
slide, accent etc.) that made the 303 so popular were part of its sequencer. There is a s/w wequencer called seq-303 that when hooked up to a basstation, does a pretty good 303. The advantage of a basstation is that not only can you get many many 303 sounds in a cheaper and newer unit (repairs are a bitch), but you can also get tons of sounds that a 303 could never make. You not only have more oscillators and controls, but you can use oscillators sinultaneously, and also have access to arpegiator and effects. All this for less than half the cost of a 303 (if you buy s/h) I've had one for about 6 months now and couldn't be happier with it. Only if it was polyphonic...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)