aaa One Note? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: One Note?

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             28-Dec-99  @  12:13 PM   -   One Note?

sitar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I just created a new program for a track I'm working on. I am planning to use it as an arpeggiated track. So as I worked on it I left it on arp latch so I could really zoom in to what I liked sound-wise. I finished it with just one problem. No matter what key I hit on the master keyboard, my new program plays the same pitch. The rest of the programs are OK. I checked. I obviously set some param or a combination of params to cause this. This new program is great for a high speed techno version of the One Note Samba but unfortunately I need more pitches for the track I'm writing.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             28-Dec-99  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: One Note?

sitar

A little clarification. As I was creating the program I was able to play different notes..this was about 2 hours ago. But at some point I just hit held down one key and hit latch so I free myself up and tweak. It wasn't until after I wrote and renamed the program that I realized that the single note I had played in latch is now the only one that will play no matter what key I hit on the keyboard.

Message 3/12             28-Dec-99  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: One Note?

sitar

Woohoo! Never mind. Along my journey I turned the pitch levels down on all 3 oscilators for reasons I can't recall. One would think that the first place I would have looked is at a button that has the word "pitch" written right underneath it. Thanks just the same.

Message 4/12             29-Dec-99  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: One Note?

rt

Link?:  No link

rt,

sitar -- cool! An entire adventure and a conversation about it, all featuring yourself. I have a copy of Beckett's "Krapp's Last Tape" if you want to start rehearsing.....

(all in cheerful gest),

rt

Message 5/12             29-Dec-99  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: One Note?

sitar

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It was pretty funny. There I was talking to myself. But I forgot about that ability the SN has to map the keyboard per oscillator and I must have thought at some point I was changing something else....oh wait....I'm doing it again. Well now that you've joined the thread, ever read "Waiting for Godot"? cheers!

Message 6/12             29-Dec-99  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: One Note?

rt

heh-heh. A long time ago... in a land far away. I think it was Pennsylvania, sometime in the '70's.

These things are subtle, it's easy to think something's broken when it's actually just a knob or a button or a menu (or all three!) somewhere.

The companies should allow a 1-year "learning" period before the warranty begins, IMHO.   Only half-serious, but you get the point.

Anyways, happy 2000! I'll be celebrating the end of the millenium next year, with the advent of 2001. At which point the next version of Windows will have shipped, "Windows 2001: A Space Odyssey." Minimum requirements, 20gigs HD.

rt

Message 7/12             31-Dec-99  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: One Note?

sitar

Sounds good. Installed on HAL computers. It was just a stupid oversight on my part. I forgot about that ability as I said. Once I saw it I said "Of Course!". Actually I said something else. So that's somemething I won't forget from now on. Happy year before the new Millennium!

Message 8/12             31-Dec-99  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: One Note?

rpieket

Micro-survey. Does anyone ever use the pitch "level" in the Super/Nova modulation matrix at any value other than 127 or 0?

Message 9/12             31-Dec-99  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: One Note?

Phill

Comes in handy for drum sounds

Message 10/12             31-Dec-99  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: One Note?

sitar

Supernova program Utopian Sweep Mh C005, Oscillator 3 uses it.

Message 11/12             01-Jan-00  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: One Note?

Mickey

Also useful for some wiered ringmod effects.

Message 12/12             01-Jan-00  @  11:42 AM   -   had to restore...

techno

Having only had the Nova in my paws for the last few months, I was concerned that the learning curve was just too steap - because I could not get out of 'layered Pianos' performance for about an hour.
Restored entire system to ROM and everything's fine. Now I am concerned that this will be a common occurance.
I've never had to resort to this level of restoration with the Roland JP8000, or any of my other equipment... I do a full Sysex backup when I've got significant changes, but I've only had it a bit as I say, and I'm afraid to put time into changes that could be lost before I do a Sysex. Guess I'll just have to backup every night I make changes... Still, the thang is the balls, and I'll deal with the instability if that's what it takes. After all, all the really hot chicks have a mean streak... ; )

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)