aaa general trouble with Nova - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: general trouble with Nova

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             01-Jan-00  @  11:48 AM   -   general trouble with Nova

techno

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Having only had the Nova in my paws for the last few months, I was concerned that the learning curve was just too steap - because I could not get out of 'layered Pianos' performance for about an hour. Restored entire system to ROM and everything's fine. Now I am concerned that this will be a common occurance. I've never had to resort to this level of restoration with the Roland JP8000, or any of my other equipment... I do a full Sysex backup when I've got significant changes, but I've only had it a bit as I say, and I'm afraid to put time into changes that could be lost before I do a Sysex. Guess I'll just have to backup every night I make changes... Still, the thang is the balls, and I'll deal with the instability if that's what it takes. After all, all the really hot chicks have a mean streak... ; )

p.s. Sorry I originally posted this under some other, unrelated topic...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             01-Jan-00  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: general trouble with Nova

Phill

I dont think there is a problem with your unit. I would say it could be operational error, however if the problem ever re-occurs, just contact our tech support explaining in detail the problem and if it does turn out to be hardware we will of course sort it out.

Phill

Message 3/6             03-Jan-00  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: general trouble with Nova

techno

Thanks Phill!
I am reasonably certain that it was not user error. I could not exit the Layered Pianos performance, even if I turned off the unit and removed all MIDI cables.
Still, This is dream hardware!
It would take a whole lot more than being forced to revert to ROM to sway that opinion, my friend.
- Drumoon

Message 4/6             04-Jan-00  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: general trouble with Nova

Phill

Still if you have a problem again let us know and we will sort it out

Message 5/6             04-Jan-00  @  08:17 AM   -   RE: general trouble with Nova

UH-HUM

It seems you know what you are doing, but the last time I could`not change a performance was because the local switch was off, and no thru was active on my sequencer.

Message 6/6             04-Jan-00  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: general trouble with Nova

techno

Thank you for the vote of confidence, but your suggestion may have been what I was looking for. Thanks!
If it happens again I'll try that.
-Drumoon

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)